The Egyptian Pyramids

The real question isn't really who built the pyramids, but rather who carved out the Sphynx?

The water damage present would be impossible to get had it been done in the same era as the pyramids were supposedly constructed, especially as much of it has spent much of that time burried in sand.

The real question isn't really who built the pyramids, but rather who carved out the Sphynx?

The water damage present would be impossible to get had it been done in the same era as the pyramids were supposedly constructed, especially as much of it has spent much of that time burried in sand.

A pre human as we know it civilisation assisted by extra terrestrials would be my guess.

I told you you wouldn't like myth being used as evidence.;). Nah, it's some Morrocan folk tale about the Atlas mountains being named after him, came across it at uni. The idea he was a king rather than a god is mine, but I put that down to to a sort of mythologising process. Say a great king from a civ with technological marvels that's been destroyed becomes a great god with supernatural powers a fair few generations down the line as the people can no longer conceive of technology and all evidence of it is gone. All that remain are the stories. There's mad folk tales from all over the place so while I can value the oral tradition, I'm not taking it as gospel. Having said that, when you come across commonalities across different cultures, then the theory that some oral tradition contains history becomes viable to me so I do see it as a relevant source material.

Without digging around for a book, I understand it to be Solon told the account to his great grandson who then told it to Plato. But regardless of it's actual source, the two positions i think you could take consist of it's all made up or it's not all made up. And it was the information regarding it's location, it's size, the islands beyond and the great continent beyond that, it sinking, the sea being impassable, returning to see it as a broken spine that got me. Not the rest of the book about the wars, or anything else for that matter, just the geography. And the bit about the sea being impassable that really caught my attention as that is exactly what happens to the sea with a volcanic eruption. So either Plato, or whoever originated the story, knew how the sea looked and behaved after a volcanic eruption or it was an uncanny coincidence, that in making everything up this one piece of geological fact just happens to pop up in it. Always been an attraction for my curiosity, no idea why.

Egyptian King list? Now you've gone and done it man, tin foil bomber command at the ready. :lol: Similar story in the Sumerian king list, massive longevity and length of reigns in a pre human pre flood world. That all sounds canny mental, even for me. I'd probably say that if there was any truth in the king lists, it's done the same mythologising process I like so well, people with tech become supernatural gods. Find it interesting that both texts have roughly the same period of time for the pre flood civilisations, about 250,000 years. And humans have been around for 300,000 but I wouldn't be giving it a high degree of probability.
Here's another flooded city in Turkey. Lake Van instead of the Black Sea this time:

Huge Underwater Castle With Ancient ‘Fairy Chimneys’ Discovered at the Bottom of Turkey’s Lake Van

Back