The Egyptian Pyramids

Logon or register to see this image

Anyone else think it's a bit of a coincidence that all these cultures built very similar structures along lines of latitude around the world and because of the same reasons, supposedly? Without being able to traverse the seas or anything? No it's not convergent evolution imo.

Anyone else think it's a bit of a coincidence that all these cultures built very similar structures along lines of latitude around the world and because of the same reasons, supposedly? Without being able to traverse the seas or anything? No it's not convergent evolution imo.
Why? It's a fairly sensible shape if your tower building abilities are still in their infancy.

Why? It's a fairly sensible shape if your tower building abilities are still in their infancy.

Not when you examine why they were building them in the 1st place or how they were constructed. Especially when you take in account the timelines involved. No way in my mind they were independently thought out and constructed.

All of their structures look like the one on the moon

Except the pyramids

Haway man, how did you miss these? :lol:

Not when you examine why they were building them in the 1st place or how they were constructed. Especially when you take in account the timelines involved. No way in my mind they were independently thought out and constructed.

Haway man, how did you miss these? :lol:

In your mind. :lol: There are big differences in their construction styles and the period during which they were constructed is also rather spread out. I'm a bit confused why you didn't also include the mound building cultures of North america.

In your mind. :lol: There are big differences in their construction styles and the period during which they were constructed is also rather spread out. I'm a bit confused why you didn't also include the mound building cultures of North america.

Exactly, its a time span of over 3,000 years!
It's also probable that, especially in the middle east and Rome, people travelled between these places during this time and saw, what would also be to some of them, what ancient civilizations had built.

Simple.. these lads were on the job..

Working on the site from morning till night

Fuck off man. Have you seen the Hoover Dam?
Seen it? I've sat on a raft at the bottom of it and rafted the red canyon for about 5 hrs, counting f***ing mountain goats.Ranks as one of our worst holiday trips ever.supposedly it was a white water rafting experience starting at the Hoover dam.ive had more thrills in a canoe on gilley law lake aged 9.:)

Last edited:

Same way that the people of Easter Island and Mohenjo Dharo in Pakistan developed some form of writing or proto-writing that share similarities. The idea that this could be two cultures who one time shared a common culture is patently absurd though. But speaking of the Easter Island lot, I cam to the startling conclusion that in some ways they were even smarter than the ancient Egyptians.

Rocked up on Easter Island about 700 to 1100 CE and spent a while making stone heads and statues until Europeans turned up in 1700ish. And in 1000 years they built 900 statues, not heads, just like this one which is covered, just like the others like it, in over 30 foot of sediment. Not sure how long it takes for organic matter to build up like this after all the trees have been cut down like. And, they built a bit of a wall using them same big blocks of stone familiar all over the world.

The reason why I think the Polynesians, the lads who just happened to find this tiny island in the vastness of the Pacific, were smarter than the ancient Egyptians is because they were stone age. That's right folks, no metal work at all. Did all this without metal. In less than a 1000 years.

Not really. I'm more inclined to think the big fellas that are buried are artifacts of the last age of geological and climate stability (circa 150,000 to 15,500BCE) and the small Joe Hart fellas made in the current age of geological and climate stability (10,500BCE to Present).

Working on the site from morning till night

Seen it? I've sat on a raft at the bottom of it and rafted the red canyon for about 5 hrs, counting f***ing mountain goats.Ranks as one of our worst holiday trips ever.supposedly it was a white water rafting experience starting at the Hoover dam.ive had more thrills in a canoe on gilley law lake aged 9.:)
Still better than the Board Inn.

Back