The Egyptian Pyramids

I should be clear, with Egypt and Mesopotamia, I'm talking about the beginning of 'complex civilisation' - which carries specific criteria. Although it can be slightly fluid, it always includes specific, fundamental elements - anybody can look that up if they want to, I've typed enough :)
Are you sure? I think there are a few words left....

All I know is that there are loads of people around Shiney Row who can't even explain the building of Penshaw Monument
Pensaw woolys eat deer.

Last edited:
The modern theory is that a few lesbian, black women, some of whom were previously blokes but all who looked remarkably like Diane Abbott built the pyramids.
Mods, ban this racist fucker

which ones?
the egyptian pyramids are various shapes and sizes.
the pyramids of giza are much bigger than chichenitxa
I may have got it wrong about the size, it could be the position of them that’s exactly the same....been a while since I read about them!:oops:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyramid_of_Giza

The ratio of the perimeter to height of 1760/280 royal cubits equates to 2π to an accuracy of better than 0.05% (corresponding to the well-known approximation of π as 22/7). Some Egyptologists consider this to have been the result of deliberate design proportion. Verner wrote, "We can conclude that although the ancient Egyptians could not precisely define the value of π, in practice they used it".[13] Petrie, author of Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh concluded: "but these relations of areas and of circular ratio are so systematic that we should grant that they were in the builder's design".[14]

The Tura limestone used for the casing was quarried across the river. The largest granite stones in the pyramid, found in the "King's" chamber, weigh 25 to 80 tonnes and were transported from Aswan, more than 800 km (500 mi) away.
Nah, they thought it was 256/81 which is 3.1605:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhind_Mathematical_Papyrus#Book_II_-_Geometry

If they did build them, they must have been mustard with those little copper chisels, carving granite like it was Lurpak is no mean feat.

This. There is a statue in the Egyptian Museum of a seated Pharaoh made of an especially hard granite. His legs are etched with intricate carvings but are only a couple of inches apart. How they did it is beyond me.

They weren't that clever then
I suppose it's our interpretation of what they were portraying that makes them seem not clever. I wonder, if say, in 2000 years time there's the ability to trawl people's social media... imagine those advanced beings looking back on us? Well these were a bunch of thickys trying to argue about plate tectonics when we all know the earth is flat.

I suppose it's our interpretation of what they were portraying that makes them seem not clever. I wonder, if say, in 2000 years time there's the ability to trawl people's social media... imagine those advanced beings looking back on us? Well these were a bunch of thickys trying to argue about plate tectonics when we all know the earth is flat.
You are a stupid person. How can the world be flat when I was standing on top of Tunstall Hill on Sunday? :evil: :lol:

Back