The Echo Website

taipeisafc

Striker
I know it gets some stick on here but this competition to win Don McLean tickets is about the worst I have seen on there - the combination of the question and the random letters at the end just sets it off great :-

"Singer-songwriter and folk-rock icon Don will perform at Middlesbrough Town Hall as part of his current transatlantic tour – and you could be there for free.
By Katy Wheeler
Thursday, 08 August, 2019, 16:45

Win tickets to see Don Mclean
Responsible for the global classic American Pie, Don will perform at the venue on Thursday, August 29, and we have two pairs of tickets to give away.
With over 40 gold and platinum records worldwide, the singer is one of America’s most beloved country artists and is widely regarded as one of the most prolific songwriters of all time.
Having received global acclaim for his recently released 19th studio album, Botanical Gardens, Don is back on the road with new material and promises to deliver classics from his substantial back catalogue which boasts American Pie – officially crowned as the fifth greatest song of the 20th Century – and other chart-topping hits such as Crying, Vincent (Starry Night); Castle in the Air and And I Love You So.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question: What is the name of Don McLean’s most famous song?
A: American Pie

B: British Pie

C: Mud Pie

Email your answer, with your contact details, to .
Usual JPI Media competition rules apply. Full Ts and Cs at Competition / Prize Draw Terms And Conditions – JPIMedia Ltd
Tickets for Don McLean in Concert are £37.50 (subject to booking fee).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxx xxx xxx x xxx xxx xxxx x xxx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx xx xxx xxxx xxx xx xxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxx x xjh fjdfh adh fd fdh ajhfdhfa dfhdfdf ajfhdf jhajfh safhakfhdf dfahfdaj fadfaf dfa ahfajdfhdjafhdj hadfadfa fhadfjheirafh ajdfhaluaf dfhkajfheuaeuafh akjdfh aeuayhef adja skfh ayreia hfdj kaye rieua fhakjry ea fhieu fhjas yeiuahfa jhdsjah fdhfa ia ailsh fhh fhfh ka kak sjdjd j ksjh h hsh dk kdk d kk ahd hdh hf ak dk h fah hf hfh ahhf HH hh H HH HF HF HF FH H EE H FF FF H"

I've slung the link in there but it might have been fixed since posting

I know it gets some stick on here but this competition to win Don McLean tickets is about the worst I have seen on there - the combination of the question and the random letters at the end just sets it off great :-

"Singer-songwriter and folk-rock icon Don will perform at Middlesbrough Town Hall as part of his current transatlantic tour – and you could be there for free.
By Katy Wheeler

Responsible for the global classic American Pie, Don will perform at the venue on Thursday, August 29, and we have two pairs of tickets to give away.
With over 40 gold and platinum records worldwide, the singer is one of America’s most beloved country artists and is widely regarded as one of the most prolific songwriters of all time.
Having received global acclaim for his recently released 19th studio album, Botanical Gardens, Don is back on the road with new material and promises to deliver classics from his substantial back catalogue which boasts American Pie – officially crowned as the fifth greatest song of the 20th Century – and other chart-topping hits such as Crying, Vincent (Starry Night); Castle in the Air and And I Love You So.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question: What is the name of Don McLean’s most famous song?

Usual JPI Media competition rules apply. Full Ts and Cs at Competition / Prize Draw Terms And Conditions – JPIMedia Ltd

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxx xxx xxx x xxx xxx xxxx x xxx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx xx xxx xxxx xxx xx xxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxx x xjh fjdfh adh fd fdh ajhfdhfa dfhdfdf ajfhdf jhajfh safhakfhdf dfahfdaj fadfaf dfa ahfajdfhdjafhdj hadfadfa fhadfjheirafh ajdfhaluaf dfhkajfheuaeuafh akjdfh aeuayhef adja skfh ayreia hfdj kaye rieua fhakjry ea fhieu fhjas yeiuahfa jhdsjah fdhfa ia ailsh fhh fhfh ka kak sjdjd j ksjh h hsh dk kdk d kk ahd hdh hf ak dk h fah hf hfh ahhf HH hh H HH HF HF HF FH H EE H FF FF H"

Alreet Don?

It is the shittest site, I reckon in the universe, it’s f***ing slow, full of pop ups and gets its news from social media. But I suppose you can’t expect more from a provincial news paper at the minute, hope they survive cos that’s my growing up paper, lots of good chipper club and and Argus memories.

By Katy Wheeler

Looks like a ‘pocket-text’. But all articles should be vetted by an editor before going to print.

It is the shittest site, I reckon in the universe, it’s f***ing slow, full of pop ups and gets its news from social media. But I suppose you can’t expect more from a provincial news paper at the minute, hope they survive cos that’s my growing up paper, lots of good chipper club and and Argus memories.
It’s nice to be sentimental but try to embrace CHANGE too.

Change tends to occur in 3 ways:

Choice
Chance
Crisis

The skill/luck element is to avoid having to go through a change due to a crisis but it’s often unavoidable.

When we cannot change something then ACCEPT the situation.

Good luck.

What's the first prize then??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxx xxx xxx x xxx xxx xxxx x xxx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx xx xxx xxxx xxx xx xxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxx x xjh fjdfh adh fd fdh ajhfdhfa dfhdfdf ajfhdf jhajfh safhakfhdf dfahfdaj fadfaf dfa ahfajdfhdjafhdj hadfadfa fhadfjheirafh ajdfhaluaf dfhkajfheuaeuafh akjdfh aeuayhef adja skfh ayreia hfdj kaye rieua fhakjry ea fhieu fhjas yeiuahfa jhdsjah fdhfa ia ailsh fhh fhfh ka kak sjdjd j ksjh h hsh dk kdk d kk ahd hdh hf ak dk h fah hf hfh ahhf HH hh H HH HF HF HF FH H EE H FF FF H

Apparently.

xjh fjdfh adh fd fdh ajhfdhfa dfhdfdf ajfhdf jhajfh safhakfhdf dfahfdaj fadfaf dfa ahfajdfhdjafhdj hadfadfa fhadfjheirafh ajdfhaluaf dfhkajfheuaeuafh akjdfh aeuayhef adja skfh ayreia hfdj kaye rieua fhakjry ea fhieu fhjas yeiuahfa jhdsjah fdhfa ia ailsh fhh fhfh ka kak sjdjd j ksjh h hsh dk kdk d kk ahd hdh hf ak dk h fah hf hfh ahhf HH hh H HH HF HF HF FH H EE H FF FF H
Apparently.
Rules ffs.

Back