The Dun Cow - refurb

mackem35

Winger
Last edited:

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/retro/historic-pub-clock-tick-again-after-more-30-years-1044472?amp&amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=

Good to see another city centre being looked after but wondering what the wise SMB would do with "Newcastle Ales" sign ?

I would keep it to prove we are bigger than them up the road but wondering if a pub in the centre of Newcastle with "Sunderland Ales" on the side would have had it ripped down as they aren't as cosmopolitan as the folk of Sunderland.

Thoughts ?
There’s a Vaux sign on a pub in Gateshead, just as you come over the flyover from Low Fell

There used to be loads of Vauxies pubs in newcastle. I used to always make a point of drinking Double Maxim when I was in one and point out to the mags that Double is the king of Brown Ales and newcastle brown is a womans drink.
Trillions in Newcastle used to sell more DM than any other Vaux pub anywhere. Fact.

I drink the brown all the time. Alcohol has no tribal allegiances and it is f***ing embarrassing that some folk in Sunderland an Newcastle think it has. Bairns.

I drink newcastle brown sometimes anarl but I'd never drink it in the company of mags. It's a tribal allegiance thing.

There used to be loads of Vauxies pubs in newcastle. I used to always make a point of drinking Double Maxim when I was in one and point out to the mags that Double is the king of Brown Ales and newcastle brown is a womans drink.

Is there any pubs in Newcastle where you can get DM these days?

Back