The dropping of Dobson

I imagine he will be treated similarly to O9 last season, being protected before bedding him in once the team are going well.

Sensible, big step up in terms of where he has been playing club size wise.

Drop Maguire and go with Power, Dobson and McGeough in the middle. We need to control the game in the middle of the pitch and dictate to the opposition.

All McGeady and Gooch want to do is get shots off at goal. Playing 3 in the middle will allow them to get further up the pitch to do this.
I imagine he will be treated similarly to O9 last season, being protected before bedding him in once the team are going well.

Sensible, big step up in terms of where he has been playing club size wise.

O9 was dropped for being poor and only brought back in to cover at RB.

I agree Power played well to keep his place,what I don't understand is that Jack Ross said that they signed Dobson as a slow burner, meaning he wasn't straight into the team. I thought the opposite was the case and he would be a first choice and possibly a candidate for captaincy

Drop Maguire and go with Power, Dobson and McGeough in the middle. We need to control the game in the middle of the pitch and dictate to the opposition.

All McGeady and Gooch want to do is get shots off at goal. Playing 3 in the middle will allow them to get further up the pitch to do this.

O9 was dropped for being poor and only brought back in to cover at RB.
Agree with the idea but harsh on Leadbitter.

I think Ross is just going with experience at the minute due to the high pressure of the games. Thought it was an awful decision not to bring him on second half last night though and it nearly cost us.

Think you're right mate but it is never going to be anything but pressure. Not only because of the way Ross sets us out but because of our profile.

Improve performances. We can and should be playing alot better than last night despite the result. Power done well last couple but was poor last night.
Probably an effect of missing most of pre season. Playing catch up on fitness etc. I think Dobson also said he missed out on a few bits of pre season inc games as he was frozen out to a degree while we were trying to sign him.

Probably an effect of missing most of pre season. Playing catch up on fitness etc. I think Dobson also said he missed out on a few bits of pre season inc games as he was frozen out to a degree while we were trying to sign him.
Yeah possibly, don't disagree with the decisions really to be fair in terms of Power coming in and staying in. My comment was more that we shouldnt be afraid to change the side on back of a poor performance, even if we have won.

Back