The diversity trend on TV

Adverts on TV are very diverse now. For example a Renault Clio advert tonight had a ginger lesbian snogging a dark haired woman.

But will this last, or become an accepted norm where nobody really notices? When the old straight people have died out?
Much to the disgust of many, its here to stay. Awful to admit to but we`ve lost the fight against Ginger acceptance

Much to the disgust of many, its here to stay. Awful to admit to but we`ve lost the fight against Ginger acceptance
Our kids can hardly believe us when we tell them how much grief the gingers received in the olden days.
There's nothing abnormal about a same sex couple

Most old straight people couldn't give a fuck either.
The pregnant lesbian 4x4 advert was more believable.

There's nothing abnormal about a same sex couple

Whilst I have nothing against them, and think everybody should have the right to couple with man/woman or toaster as they wish. Same sex couples are by definition abnormal.

abnormal
adjective
deviating from the normal or average

Not negative or anything. But in terms of percentage of relationships the more common male/female relationship is the "average"

Whilst I have nothing against them, and think everybody should have the right to couple with man/woman or toaster as they wish. Same sex couples are by definition abnormal.

abnormal
adjective
deviating from the normal or average

Not negative or anything. But in terms of percentage of relationships the more common male/female relationship is the "average"
There are standard deviations from the norm marra.

There are more abnormalities sexually than same sex couples.

It would be nice to think the advertisers are simply trying to appeal to as wide as audience as possible.

I fear the reality is the advertisers are shit scared of missing someone or group out and encountering the venomous wrath of the right on pc brigade.

There’s a whiff of tokenism about it all which kind of devalues the point.

Still , it’s all rather jolly seeing such diversity , all happily swinging along together , laughing , smiling in their perfect lives and all of them using a product that you really must buy to join their circle.

The reality is somewhat different.

Adverts on TV are very diverse now. For example a Renault Clio advert tonight had a ginger lesbian snogging a dark haired woman.

But will this last, or become an accepted norm where nobody really notices? When the old straight people have died out?
I have nothing against gay people and such, It's the proportion that pisses me off. I don't know what proportion of the population is LGBT but I do know that every light entertainment show or chip advert has to have one or two. 3 couples on come dine with me.. One is gay every time , that's not proportionate.
Its not realistic, its like putting black people in historical drama roles they would never have been in, black chief inspectors in 19th century police forces, black doctors etc. To me it rubs out the marginalisation they actually experienced.
People shouldn't be hidden but they shouldn't be paraded either.

I have nothing against gay people and such, It's the proportion that pisses me off. I don't know what proportion of the population is LGBT but I do know that every light entertainment show or chip advert has to have one or two. 3 couples on come dine with me.. One is gay every time , that's not proportionate.
Its not realistic, its like putting black people in historical drama roles they would never have been in, black chief inspectors in 19th century police forces, black doctors etc. To me it rubs out the marginalisation they actually experienced.
Top post.đź‘Ť

This.
The BBC have quotas to over represent the population for every kind of minority. They don't include pastarafians, mind.

Back