The diversity trend on TV

What I dont understand about all this racial diversity on TV is how under represented the Chinese communities are.

A supermarket advert will show all races, and often religions too, and even different sexualities. But there are rarely Chinese people featured.

They also never seem to interview Chinese students on GCSE results day, but they will bend over backwards to get a perfect mix of other ethnic backgrounds.

Ans yet actually we have had families of Chinese descent in this country for a very long time.
It’s because the chonka’s don’t play the race card and go about their business unnoticed.
You'd think that being normal is wrong.
When I see two gadgies kissing on the telly I find it awful and look away .Thats a basic inbuilt human function that’s perfectly normal to prevent me from being sexually aroused by the same sex.
Gay people have some genetic kink in their brain I believe that prevents them from having this reflux action .

Last edited:
It’s because the chonka’s don’t play the race card and go about their business unnoticed.

When I see two gadgies kissing on the telly I find it awful and look away .Thats a basic inbuilt human function that’s perfectly normal to prevent me from being sexually aroused by the same sex.
Gay people have some genetic kink in their brain I believe that prevents them from having this reflux action .

thats correct, they rarely accuse anyone of wacism.

someone put the clint eastwood gif up, its how I imagine gilly above!

Last edited:
When it comes to advertising nowadays it's not so about selling the product itself. It's about selling a lifestyle choice that you associate with the product. Diversity has become one focus of that choice for a lot of people. It's how people see the idealized world around them and it makes the product attractive.

Advertising companies spend a lot of dosh on this shit.

If you sit on a gay toilet seat you can catch it too.

So you have mixed feelings seeing a heterosexual couple kiss? Eyes catch the woman kissing....phwoar!!! Then catch a glimpse of the man kissing...can't look!

Society is diverse

Of course it is . But not really inclusive.

The issue here is that the diverse society you refer to is portrayed as a unit.

The reality is that people of certain identifiable groups tend to mix with similar people. That’s not really surprising , they have more in common and are less likely to suffer prejudice from other groups.

Is Britain multicultural ? Yes very. Do those cultures integrate well - I don’t think so. There’s respectful tolerance generally which is to be celebrated.

I just find the happy clappy diverse advertisements a bit forced and possibly a safe reaction to the current witch hunt that pervades wider society right now.

Back