The Disagree Button

I’ve just had someone disagree with a post - how is this activated as all I can see is the like function?
Edit - I see you just hold the like to activate the option.

I removed it last week.

Unfortunately, and I suppose in hindsight predictably, people were using it and speaking of it as a "dislike" button rather than "disagree", and it was failing to reduce the insult throwing and name calling in threads as I had hoped it might.

Consider the experiment ended.

I removed it last week.

Unfortunately, and I suppose in hindsight predictably, people were using it and speaking of it as a "dislike" button rather than "disagree", and it was failing to reduce the insult throwing and name calling in threads as I had hoped it might.

Fair enough. Good intentions in trying it and a shame it hasn't worked as expected. I wasn't a fan of it but if it had been positive to the forum then nobody could argue with that.

I removed it last week.

Boooo! I dislike this decision!!!

I removed it last week.

I liked the dislikes I was getting, it showed I was hitting the intended mark.

RIP 🪦

At first I was dead set against a thumbs down after seeing how it was used and abused on Reddit.

When I realised it didn’t affect post counts and therefore wasn’t a downvote button I didn’t mind it so much. Was quite funny seeing someone furious at getting 20 downvotes 😁

I removed it last week.

Thats unfortunate, perhaps end the like button "experiment" also I would suggest.
Wait, @Footballfan didn’t even get to see this?!
@FootballFan even

I would've signed up my application for my reaction button back. What a shame.

Last edited:
Thats unfortunate, perhaps end the like button "experiment" also I would suggest.

I would've signed up my application for my reaction button back. What a shame.
I'll join you on supporting the removal of the like button.

Mind you its nowhere near as much of a ballache as the disagree function which I'm glad is gone.

I can live with the like button. Just think that the further you keep this brilliant place away from the other forms of social media the better.

Mind you its nowhere near as much of a ballache as the disagree function which I'm glad is gone.

I can live with the like button. Just think that the further you keep this brilliant place away from the other forms of social media the better.

Absolutely agreed.

Whilst I see where you are coming from, not reckon it’ll just turn into page after page of people replying with “this” or “agreed” ? A simple like does the trick for me unless I have something else to add.

Back