The Disabled

Once my cupboards become too full I take all the excess to Asda to put in the food bank trolley. Last time I took so much they phoned the food bank to ask them to make a special visit to collect it all!

Then of course there is the spaghetti with tinned tomatoes and tomato flavoured pasta sauce, Then the baked beans in tomato sauce.

I used to love the flavour of tomato...but after 15 weeks.....

Are the boxes still the same every week?

I only got them at the beginning, then cancelled them when I got priority delivery at the supermarkets. There was a lot of tomato based stuff in the ones I got. My Mam took the excess to the food bank for me as I can't eat some of the food that was sent.

The boxes are pretty much the same each week. Lots of tomato based products including chopped tomato and plum tomatoes. The odd tin of pek or tuna. Some tinned fruit cocktail. I got some tinned grapefruit this week which was good for breakfast. Then the staples such as porage oats, pasta, bread and spaghetti. I’ve been getting some Princes meatballs in gravy in my box which made a nice change. The box will easily keep someone fed even if there is a narrow variety of food.

Back