The Dirt

I'd heard a lot of good things about it...but I didn't really like it. As others I've already read the book and loved that.

Watched it a couple of times. I know it’s based on reality i.e. there was a band called Motley Crue and I did quite enjoy the film but when I saw the band play live about four or five years ago I left half way through....they were dire. Alice Cooper as the support act blew them out of the water.

Watched it a couple of times. I know it’s based on reality i.e. there was a band called Motley Crue and I did quite enjoy the film but when I saw the band play live about four or five years ago I left half way through....they were dire. Alice Cooper as the support act blew them out of the water.
TBF they were at their peak about 30 years ago. Like a lot of bands they lost a lot of spark when they stopped the drugs. It’s also been well publicised that Vince Neill’s voice is shot and Mick Marrs’s health issues mean he’s not very mobile these days.

They had a good debut album and have lived off that ever since.

Their follow up album was big on production - gate fold glossy pics etc - but apart from a couple of tracks it was mediocre.

The next album and tour was utter cr*p and I lost interest at that point.

They had a renaissance with a couple of great highly polished high on production singles in the early 90s.

They were always big on front low on quality in my opinion so not surprised that the film is average.

I enjoyed it to be honest. What surprised me was how many MC songs I liked as if you’d asked me before I’d watched the filum I would have said I didn’t liked them.

The highlight was obviously UFO posters on the wall as a homage to the rock gods. 😉

f***ing terrible film about a band of shitcunts. The ‘snorting ants with uncle john’ scene is up there with the deer-hunter’s Russian roulette, like.

They had a good debut album and have lived off that ever since.

Their follow up album was big on production - gate fold glossy pics etc - but apart from a couple of tracks it was mediocre.

The next album and tour was utter cr*p and I lost interest at that point.

They had a renaissance with a couple of great highly polished high on production singles in the early 90s.

They were always big on front low on quality in my opinion so not surprised that the film is average.

Eh? The album which they have lived off was their fifth!
TBF they were at their peak about 30 years ago. Like a lot of bands they lost a lot of spark when they stopped the drugs. It’s also been well publicised that Vince Neill’s voice is shot and Mick Marrs’s health issues mean he’s not very mobile these days.

They made their most successful album when they stopped the drugs.

They retired in 2015.

Last edited:

Back