BBC The diagnosis that changed it all for a Premier League player

RTG

Robot
Staff member
From BBC Sport.

It was only towards the end of his career that Greg Halford found there may be a deeper reason for his reluctance to mix with team-mates.

more...

It's amazing how many people today will realise they have autism because of the better understanding of it available for their children.

I don't think it changes a great deal mind you.

It's amazing how many people today will realise they have autism because of the better understanding of it available for their children.

I don't think it changes a great deal mind you.
Not just that though. Its much more noticeable in children (especially boys) because of school.

It's also incredibly hard to get diagnosed as an adult.

Not just that though. Its much more noticeable in children (especially boys) because of school.

It's also incredibly hard to get diagnosed as an adult.

I'm just thinking all of these adults were children once, it just appears an entirely different landscape now in being able to diagnose people, young and old.

I struggle with the positive outcome from it though for individuals.

I'm just thinking all of these adults were children once, it just appears an entirely different landscape now in being able to diagnose people, young and old.

I struggle with the positive outcome from it though for individuals.
Ah i see what you mean. I guess it's far now understood now, whilst also being a secondary opportunity.

Everyone is different, a diagnosis can mean the world to some people.

Back