The DEFINITIVE Savoury Dip: L@@K

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then ... if all these savoury dips are filled with 'ends' and that, where does the middle bits go? Pork dips, yeah, I'll give you that, but the rest, nah, summat not right here like.

You're spot on Chris, a savoury dip should just have bits of allsorts of the other meats , basically the scraps from the other sandwich trays, (saveloys, pork, ham, beef, owt)with stuffing and pease pudding and the bun dipped in gravy. The butchers up Pennywell dee a canny one
Ganna get one at the weekend me.

Cherry Coke is the rancid blood clots that have been wrung out of Satan's lass's jam rags.

I have seen a few threads on these, over the last few months.
It sickens me to the core to see local lads and lasses promoting inferior versions of this delectable dish.

Mentions of Dickson's and other heartless, faceless conglomerates sadly dwarf the recommendations of local, independent retailers, with customer satisfaction at the core of their business model.

Today, I right that wrong.

Following this thread, there is no need for wrong un's to festoon the board with their below-par suggestions any more, and never again will those not ITK, go unsatisfied.
Thanks to I, The Savoury Dip Savant. :cool:

Today I ventured to Deli and Dips, situated at 1 Silksworth Terrace, Sunderland SR3 2AQ (0191 5210400), and as I have just seen, 5 star rated on Google.
This comes as no surprise.

£3.10 for a behemouth of a savoury dip, plus 90p for a can of Cherry Coke.

Service: 10/10 Friendly and fast
Sandwich content 10/10 Everything you could want and more besides
Dip Level 10/10 Bun dripping, as is only right
Size 10/10 (Large chosen) No contenders
Taste 10/10 Perfectly balanced
Assembly 10/10 If God were a sandwich etc
Value 10/10 Would happily pay double
Bun 10/10 Soft and fresh
Shop cleanliness 10/10 I would happily eat this meat feast on their floor
Parking: 9/10 Yellow lines on the main road, but the shop is not to blame

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Can for scale, plus added enjoyment.

So there you have it folks, the ultimate sandwich and review.

Cheers, The Savoury Dip Savant. :cool:
Carnivore Forum this shite :evil:

So a savory dip is just a soggy meat sarney then?

I can't believe I've lived my life without them. Is that what the oft mentioned saveloy dip looks like? I'm in bits here missing out on all that.
^Idiot.^

What are you going to save tomorrow?
Save?

Oh dear. :oops:

In a cruel twist of events an attempt to save the dip may well have killed it off :(
And another one.

Not a bad effort ruined by that abysmal savant crack
Made all the worse by people not knowing what it even means.

Imagine how the OP must feel if he's made the very same mistake, after getting the sarnie all wrong anarl.

Eh?!

Fuck off man
He's reet.

Yeah. Like a kind of brine. Only ever get proper ones from old school butchers although Dicksons in Houghton used to be spot on.
I din't think they dip them properly to be honest. Had one on last Sunday. Still nice like but ya take what ya can get in this day and age.

Saveloy dip is just a couple of savs, pease pudding and dipped bun iirc marra.
Like I said earlier, not my dept.
And wharrabout the stuffing like? You can't even get the saveloy dip reet ya clown.

Are yay sure ya from Howton? Embarrassing.

Last edited:
Carnivore Forum this shite :evil:

It is. :cool:

Rabbit Food Forum this shite.

^Idiot.^

Save?

Oh dear. :oops:

And another one.

Made all the worse by people not knowing what it even means.

Imagine how the OP must feel if he's made the very same mistake, after getting the sarnie all wrong anarl.

He's reet.

I din't think they dip them properly to be honest. Had one on last Sunday. Still nice like but ya take what ya can get in this day and age.

And wharrabout the stuffing like? You can't even get the saveloy dip reet ya clown.

Are yay sure ya from Howton? Embarrassing.

:lol: Howton born n bred, son. :cool:

Reactions: DJP
Savant syndrome (also known as autistic savant) is a condition in which a person with a developmental disability demonstrates profound and prodigious capacities or abilities far in excess of what would be considered normal.

Still waiting for OP's special ability tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back