The DEFINITIVE Savoury Dip: L@@K

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a savory dip is just a soggy meat sarney then?

I can't believe I've lived my life without them. Is that what the oft mentioned saveloy dip looks like? I'm in bits here missing out on all that.

They used to taste better when they were made from SHEEPS BRAINS.

Nowt puts me off. It's hard Michelin Star grub. :lol:

So a savory dip is just a soggy meat sarney then?

I can't believe I've lived my life without them. Is that what the oft mentioned saveloy dip looks like? I'm in bits here missing out on all that.

Saveloy dip is just a couple of savs, pease pudding and dipped bun iirc marra.
Like I said earlier, not my dept.

A savoury dip is all that, plus various bits of meat. All the stuff from the slicing machine, chopping board, dustpan etc, along with stuffing and if you go for the King of Dips, some full meat slices also thrown in.

Cheers for the interest! The Savoury Dip Savant :cool:

Last edited:
They are f***ing SHITE imo like. Quantity over quality. Like the Oak Tree Farm menu. Av seen people in there buying one large dip and one dipped bun. Obviously going home to make two sarnies out of it. Personally I used to take them home and attempt to feed half to the cat but even our Bertrand turned his nose up at the meat. f***ing shite imo like.

This is a review of the best, marra. Not a house of lies.
Kindly take your incorrect notions elsewhere.
My readership don't want to know.

The Savoury Dip Savant :cool:

Big shame. Never did me any harm. :cool:
You didn't get a slice of grosvenor pie to follow it down mate so you're dead to me.

Had one from the village butcher a few weeks ago and it was exactly the same as the OP got from D and D. Dry thin slices of meat, razzed in a microwave with gravy poured over it.
Robson's at Pallion is the Daddy for savoury dips, cheaper than Silky by a canny bit and usually weighing in at about a pound. Proper end cuts of meat, the odd bit of mince in with the gravy too, sure they are only about £1.20 or £1.40.

All MLF too

Haters gonna hate. (I don't even need any tea, it was that large and in charge.)

Eh?!

Fuck off man

:D hom

@Mackem00 is all over the place, mate. Shook.
Ever since I called his sandwich shop skills out, after he viciously laid into me on this thread, his postings have been that of a taste budless cretin who doesn't even know the basics.
Next thing he will be trying to say there should be no bun.

His ranting is the very definition of having a mare, and him making up a new account is best for all concerned.

Leave this stuff to the pro's, fella.

Last edited:
isn't it meant to be dripping or stock?

in my experience only proper butchers do these correctly, sandwich/deli shops aren't the same at all
Yeah. Like a kind of brine. Only ever get proper ones from old school butchers although Dicksons in Houghton used to be spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back