The DEFINITIVE Savoury Dip: L@@K

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel for the OP like. Tried to be clever and got blown out all over the shop. The wrong shop as it turns out.

I'm not saying the OP is Jesus, but ...

Then He added, "Truly I tell you, no prophet is accepted in his hometown."
Luke 4:24

Some venom on here from the boards resident bullies.
Seething that they have been getting their bait in the wrong place. Imagine. :lol:

The Savoury Dip Savant :cool:

What exactly is the definitive savoury dip though?

It's been approximately 15 years since I've even had one so I'm not too sure (din't worry, I've still had plenty saveloy dips in that time).

My understanding always was that it was basically a saveloy dip with the scraps and off-cuts of whatever else was lying about - bits of bacon, ham etc. Adding in full slices of roast beef with gravy just doesn't seem right to me. It's almost like cheating. :confused:

It's been approximately 15 years since I've even had one so I'm not too sure (din't worry, I've still had plenty saveloy dips in that time).

My understanding always was that it was basically a saveloy dip with the scraps and off-cuts of whatever else was lying about - bits of bacon, ham etc. Adding in full slices of roast beef with gravy just doesn't seem right to me. It's almost like cheating. :confused:

It is as you say and you still get bits of meat in this. But they go the extra yard and include full slices as a bonus.
A welcome twist on this contemporary classic.

Why not, I say?

Ibbitson's iirc in Howton did The Belly Buster. That was the boyo. Was.

Cheers, The Savoury Dip Savant :cool:

From Eateries to Arteries.

Canny book title.

:lol:

In a cruel twist of events an attempt to save the dip may well have killed it off :(

Agreed. I had it sorted, then the usual suspects stick their oar in. DESPITE Trip Advisor, Google and my good self knowing what's up.

I am still hopeful that the message gets through though, brother.

Thanks for your concern, The Savoury Dip Savant :cool:

Last edited:

The poor lad doesn't seem to know what a savour dip is Chris. :(

Last edited:
The poor lad doesn't seem know what a savour dip is Chris. :(

A f***ing what?!
Someone cart this nonsensical buffoon away, for his own good.

Preaching to me about bait and can't even spell the sod.

And he does know, he is from Houghton. As I said, Ibbitson's Belly Buster used to rule the roost.
Hence being very highly qualified on the subject in hand and the only one with the balls to step up and review the finest in the land, instead of being all gob. ;)

A f***ing what?!
Someone cart this nonsensical buffoon away, for his own good.

Preaching to me about bait and can't even spell the sod.

And he does know, he is from Houghton. As I said, Ibbitson's Belly Buster used to rule the roost.
Hence being very highly qualified on the subject in hand and the only one with the balls to step up and review the finest in the land, instead of being all gob. ;)

:lol:

You're spot on Chris, a savoury dip should just have bits of allsorts of the other meats , basically the scraps from the other sandwich trays, (saveloys, pork, ham, beef, owt)with stuffing and pease pudding and the bun dipped in gravy. The butchers up Pennywell dee a canny one

Is it just me or are you using a fortune cookie at the end of the blind cord?

Just you. ;)

You're spot on Chris, a savoury dip should just have bits of allsorts of the other meats , basically the scraps from the other sandwich trays, (saveloys, pork, ham, beef, owt)with stuffing and pease pudding and the bun dipped in gravy. The butchers up Pennywell dee a canny one

Fuck off.

The Savoury Dip Savant :cool:

I have seen a few threads on these, over the last few months.
It sickens me to the core to see local lads and lasses promoting inferior versions of this delectable dish.

Mentions of Dickson's and other heartless, faceless conglomerates sadly dwarf the recommendations of local, independent retailers, with customer satisfaction at the core of their business model.

Today, I right that wrong.

Cheers, The Savoury Dip Savant. :cool:
It's a shame their saveloy dips are absolutely disgusting.

I have seen a few threads on these, over the last few months.
It sickens me to the core to see local lads and lasses promoting inferior versions of this delectable dish.

Mentions of Dickson's and other heartless, faceless conglomerates sadly dwarf the recommendations of local, independent retailers, with customer satisfaction at the core of their business model.

Today, I right that wrong.

Following this thread, there is no need for wrong un's to festoon the board with their below-par suggestions any more, and never again will those not ITK, go unsatisfied.
Thanks to I, The Savoury Dip Savant. :cool:

Today I ventured to Deli and Dips, situated at 1 Silksworth Terrace, Sunderland SR3 2AQ (0191 5210400), and as I have just seen, 5 star rated on Google.
This comes as no surprise.

£3.10 for a behemouth of a savoury dip, plus 90p for a can of Cherry Coke.

Service: 10/10 Friendly and fast
Sandwich content 10/10 Everything you could want and more besides
Dip Level 10/10 Bun dripping, as is only right
Size 10/10 (Large chosen) No contenders
Taste 10/10 Perfectly balanced
Assembly 10/10 If God were a sandwich etc
Value 10/10 Would happily pay double
Bun 10/10 Soft and fresh
Shop cleanliness 10/10 I would happily eat this meat feast on their floor
Parking: 9/10 Yellow lines on the main road, but the shop is not to blame

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Can for scale, plus added enjoyment.

So there you have it folks, the ultimate sandwich and review.

Cheers, The Savoury Dip Savant. :cool:

They used to taste better when they were made from SHEEPS BRAINS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back