The Defensive Dutites

Jack_SAFC

All I can really say is wow from the defense last night, they were outstanding and held on till the end. I also thought patterson looked more dominant in his box however we just lack that attacking flair. I'm sure a mix of experience and a new striker and we will find ourselves in a good position next season. I think just more attacking experience and mixed with a promising backline I think thats all we need. Keeping Ballard, O9, Hume and Patterson is massive in this upcoming Summer Window and maybe if we sell the likes of Corry Evans and reinvest the money we could be automatic promotion candidates and be like an Ipswich. That is now 2/2 clean sheets. Also hats off to Rigg and Pembele for coming into the team and performing excellent, I think if Pembele gets the brains which will come as he's young mixed with his experience of PSG I think we have a good Full Back on our hands as well as Hume.

Also my first post and most likely going to be more with this.
All I can really say is wow from the defense last night, they were outstanding and held on till the end. I also thought patterson looked more dominant in his box however we just lack that attacking flair. I'm sure a mix of experience and a new striker and we will find ourselves in a good position next season. I think just more attacking experience and mixed with a promising backline I think thats all we need. Keeping Ballard, O9, Hume and Patterson is massive in this upcoming Summer Window and maybe if we sell the likes of Corry Evans and reinvest the money we could ne automatic promotion candidates and be like an Ipswich. That is now 2/2 clean sheets. Also hats off to Rigg and Pembele for coming into the team and performing excellent, I think if Pembele gets the brains which will come as he's young mixed with his experience of PSG I think we have a good Full Back on our hands as well as Hume.

Last edited:

All I can really say is wow from the defense last night, they were outstanding and held on till the end. I also thought patterson looked more dominant in his box however we just lack that attacking flair. I'm sure a mix of experience and a new striker and we will find ourselves in a good position next season. I think just more attacking experience and mixed with a promising backline I think thats all we need. Keeping Ballard, O9, Hume and Patterson is massive in this upcoming Summer Window and maybe if we sell the likes of Corry Evans and reinvest the money we could be automatic promotion candidates and be like an Ipswich. That is now 2/2 clean sheets. Also hats off to Rigg and Pembele for coming into the team and performing excellent, I think if Pembele gets the brains which will come as he's young mixed with his experience of PSG I think we have a good Full Back on our hands as well as Hume.

We won't be selling Evans he is out of contract and even if he wasn't nobody would pay money for him.
We would save on his wages though.
Oh and I forgot goodbye gravy guzzler....

I think in general apart from a turgid spell in March and Blackburn aside the defence has been decent all season. It's been our attack which has been our downfall this season, too much expected of Clarke.

I think in general apart from a turgid spell in March and Blackburn aside the defence has been decent all season. It's been our attack which has been our downfall this season, too much expected of Clarke.
We conceded 16 goals in four games and 34 in the other 38 so there's nothing really wrong at the back.

That formation suits our players very well, it allows for some mistakes which we can recover from. We don't have pace to burn, ball control isn't great, nor a physical presence, but we were well organised and had a lot of energy in the team. Leeds burnt themselves out, while we sat deep and let them do all the hard work. Even with a mis-firing forward line, we still looking dangerous on the counter attack.

Back