The declining number of cases

Duriing the Bubonc Plague, it took 18 months to reach the your area, so I'm taking it that the South were out of it a long time before the North.

An analogy of whats happening: Omicron made the journey in a ten days, so it must peak in the next few days, if it hasn't already.

Last edited:

Another way of looking at it is, how many people were testing positive on a LFT and then also going for a PCR to confirm? So in theory one person being responsible for two positive tests. Just off reading this board alone it seemed as though nearly everyone who has tested positive on a LFT would say ‘I’m off to get a PCR now’.

That would count as 1 case though I think?

An oddity in the numbers was people being re infected are not reported in the daily data from gov

Shortage of LFTs is a contributing factor to the number drop as well. Eldest's school still waiting on their delivery which was promised on the first day back for distribution to the kids.

Duriing the Bubonc Plague, it took 18 months to reach the your area, so I'm taking it that the South were out of it a long time before the North.

An analogy of whats happening: Omicron made the journey in a ten days, so it must peak in the next few days, if it hasn't already.
The Bubonic Plaque death toll was anywhere between 5% and 40% of the world population - translated into today's figures, that would be 400 million people (at the lower end of the scale), or 3.4 million in the UK.

That's unimaginable.

The Bubonic Plaque death toll was anywhere between 5% and 40% of the world population - translated into today's figures, that would be 400 million people (at the lower end of the scale), or 3.4 million in the UK.

That's unimaginable.
Wow, can you imagine any Government keeping good order with those numbers :eek:

That's unimaginable.
Was reading some book and when the plague came 50% of population of town or village was dead within a couple of months. It may have been slightly longer but I remember being astounded at it's severity.

I hate to dissuade u, but a school is not a workplace. And as for ‘cases‘ going up 25% in a week, ur fibbing aren’t u?
Teachers are adults are they not?

It’s great that infected numbers are dropping but there’s still 80k+ /day and that’s those that are managing to get tests
We are not out of the woods yes but it’s better than it was

Seemingly great news that cases continue to decrease.
Are they though?
In my workplace (school) they’ve gone up 25% in a week. Now that there’s no need to do an ‘official’ PCR, what proportion of people are doing an LFT, getting a positive result and not reporting it?

School teachers love a bit of extra time off like.

Back