The decline of British pubs

Slightly different as clubs are normally tied in some way to a brewery etc.

Also it is different as it requires financial investment from the community to get of the ground so people have a vested interest to make it work as you wouldnt want to waste your money. Not quite the same as your annual £2 membership

Agree on the fiddling though

Older clubs are usually tied to a brewery if they are in the shit, which many are unfortunately. Are there any community pubs up here, I’ve never heard of one.

In your local authority, Hackney, there are around 6.6pubs per 10,000 people. This is higher than the UK average of 5.8 pubs.

There are now around 30 more pubs in Hackney than in 2001.

In Hackney there are around 2,250 jobs in pubs and bars. This is 221.4% higher than in 2001.

That's my view of the £5 pint tbh.

If you are in a nice environment with a decent tipple then it's worth the extra couple of quid.

This is the best thing you've ever posted on here.

Older clubs are usually tied to a brewery if they are in the shit, which many are unfortunately. Are there any community pubs up here, I’ve never heard of one.
Yeah there are a few that i have been told about. They tend to be in smaller villages.

Unfortunately i cant get any names as work firewall stops me looking

Yes happy to pay it in that bar as it's an occasional situation

Bar over the road is a Star Wars type bar good pint for £2 guess they both have a place
Indeed,with reference to why people stop in i think the easily available cheap beer we know so well now has probably created a drinker who didn't exist in the days of Pubs or nothing.No one sat in the house and drank all night in front of their kids etc .From what i remember younguns hit the pubs then at a certain age they stopped or did it less often and abstained the rest of the time .You had the diehards who kept up pub life into their later years .Clearly the pubs are less used but i think there are drinkers today who have no interest in a pub rather than not being able to afford to go

In walking distance of my house...

two pubs have been turned into private residences
two closed and converted to shops
one demolished and an old peoples home was built on the land
one clurb was sold, flattened and the land developed for flats

All this in the last 10 years...

In walking distance of my house...

two pubs have been turned into private residences
two closed and converted to shops
one demolished and an old peoples home was built on the land
one clurb was sold, flattened and the land developed for flats

All this in the last 10 years...
Out of curiosity, how many within walking distance are left now marra?

Back