The Death of Stalin

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonMackem

Striker
Just come out today in the cinemas and gets really good write ups. 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and 5/5 on Empire. Film's a mockery of Russian history and looks very well done.

Will be going tomorrow with the Mrs (no). She wanted to see Geostorm ffs.

Just come out today in the cinemas and gets really good write ups. 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and 5/5 on Empire. Film's a mockery of Russian history and looks very well done.

Give us all a good write up mate with all the details.

Of your lass, not the fillum.

Slide sidebar but I was listening to the world service the other day and they were going round interviewing Russian kids and none of them knew who Lenin was. He’s been wiped from history.
Mad place.

I think Geostorm is one of those films Eddie Izzard would describe as "constantly eating popcorn" throughout due to everything blowing up and shit going down.
Harmless but not exactly going to win any Oscars!

We were watching the snowman at the pictures, which is absolute dog shit btw, and the trailer for that came on. When it finished I turned to her to say how shit it looked, she gans "that looked good didn't it? Love a good disaster film" ffs I've been trying to convince her to see Death of Stalin too and she's not keen at all.

We were watching the snowman at the pictures, which is absolute dog shit btw, and the trailer for that came on. When it finished I turned to her to say how shit it looked, she gans "that looked good didn't it? Love a good disaster film" ffs I've been trying to convince her to see Death of Stalin too and she's not keen at all.
Exactly the same conversation mate :lol: I said the Death of Stalin looks good shall we go see it? "If you want to I guess.."

Give us all a good write up mate with all the details.

Of your lass, not the fillum.
Thought you liked lads mate?

I've heard that like - it looks decent in the trailers anarl. Don't think I'll bother now.

Interested to know how much Russian history you need to know to really get it

Good point. I imagine if even a modicum is required then the missus is going to hate it.
in theory you shouldn't need any, as pretty much everything they show is accurate so no previous is really required... its pretty much the tragi-comedy of a group of men paralysed by fear that don't know what to do about a dieing man...

the opening opera scene happened as was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back