The current reality of how long it could be before we are back in the Premier league

I'm 50 this year and have been fortunate enough to see us play top flight/premier league football for many years

In the past few times we've been relegated from the Premier league we've managed to go back up pretty much straight away. But looking at big clubs like Leeds, Notts forest, Sheff Wed etc they've been down in the championship for years on top of clubs like Stoke, , Huddersfield who were playing in the Premier league not so long ago but are really struggling to even stay up

It seems even harder these days to make a real fist of it in the championship. Even if we are taken over in the summer by someone or a group of people with serious money the reality of us being back in the Premier league could be a long way away

Been thinking along the same lines myself.
I reckon 3-5 years. I'm not really that bothered about how long though. For me it's about getting the foundations right and the right people in to lay them and establish it being a sporting organisation as it's core. After that how long it takes to get there and how long we stay there will take care of themselves.

Wouldn't give the Premiership a thought tbh.

Most new promoted Prem sides are getting savvy in keeping the tv money in that first season and seeing what happens. If you stay up, fine... but if not, you've not only got the tv money but the parachute money in going down to fund another push for promotion. It will end up with the top half (if clubs are ran right) of the championship cash rich whilst the rest have to work the odd miracle to get close.

I see us in the championship for a very long time unless a wealth of money and ambition comes in the form of new owners.

Didn't Murray say that the longest SAFC had spent outside the top league was something like 7 years....

We are now 3 years outside it and even if we do go up, I can see us breaking that record unfortunately under the current owner.

If we can go up this season we'll have the momentum and I think we can go straight through the championship. We'll need 4 or 5 decent players though. The championship is pretty poor on the whole.
I think that's a bit optimistic. Especially if SD still owns the club. Transfer fees and wages are on a different level in the championship.

Let’s get promoted first and get out of this league then we can reevaluate things. Leicester went from League 1 to PL champions within a few years and look at what Sheff Utd are doing now after languishing in League 1 for so long. It’s not all doom and gloom.

If we can go up this season we'll have the momentum and I think we can go straight through the championship. We'll need 4 or 5 decent players though. The championship is pretty poor on the whole.

We'll struggle massively. Regardless if we go up or not this season we need to sign a new squad basically. The top 8 of the championship are miles better than us. If we played Brentford in a competitive game on Saturday for example, I'd fancy then to score at least 3 past us.

I see us in the championship for a very long time unless a wealth of money and ambition comes in the form of new owners.

Me too when we get there.

I wouldn't be surprised if when we get back to the Championship that Donald overvalues the club and asks for even more coin putting off buyers. We then end up in another Ellis Short situation with an owner unwilling to spend cash and we struggle like fuck in the Championship.

you cant predict it, the premier league is not everything, I honestly don't care what league we are in, if you know what I mean

Aye, I think I do. Just like to have a team that's pushing for the top few spots every season regardless of league. Obviously means you end up back in the top division at some point but it's not the be all of football for me personally either.

Back