The Cure, Disintegration/ Stone Rose, Stone Roses.

Wasn't Disintegration Lol Tolhursts last album?
Yes, and they credited him as playing “other instrument”.

One of my favourite ever albums. I love it when they play It through in full live, almost identical to how it is on the album.

The chords to Disintegration are really simple, I’ve no idea how he remembers all the words though even if he did write them himself.

Of course it counts. They've put it on there for a reason. In the same way songs like that have been an integral part of a classic record.

Edit. That match sounds like the defending was atrocious.
It was, and we lost.
As good as these albums from 1989 they are not quite up there with another 1989 release, Technique ( in my humble opinion of course)
I’d probably agree although as already mentioned I’d put Mind Bomb just ahead, close call though.

Last edited:
According to buzzfeed:

Dylan's Blonde on Blonde and Beach Boys' Pet Sounds

Nirvana's Nevermind and Tribe Called Quest's Low End Theory

The Beatles' White Album and the Kinks' Village Green Preservation Society

Both great, seminal albums and both released on the same day, 2nd May 1989.

personally I think the Cures record is the superior album. Pictures of You, Lullaby and Fascination street are masterpieces.

off top of my head can’t think of 2 other records so good releases on same day. Any others ?
I think Definitely Maybe and The Holy Bible were released on the same day (August 94) iirc. And I agree Disintegration is perfect and is probably my favourite album of all time

Both great, seminal albums and both released on the same day, 2nd May 1989.

personally I think the Cures record is the superior album. Pictures of You, Lullaby and Fascination street are masterpieces.

off top of my head can’t think of 2 other records so good releases on same day. Any others ?

Two crackers.

I hated The Cure and loved The Roses then.

I love them both now and would probably struggle to choose

Two crackers.

I hated The Cure and loved The Roses then.

I love them both now and would probably struggle to choose

I didn’t hate the cure but I certainly preferred the Roses. Mind that was only based on me being young and not really getting Robert Smiths hair and make up.
Now I’ve grown up and base my opinions on the actual music I definitely prefer the Cure

OK Computer and Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space were also released on the same day. I took the day off work to listen to them repeatedly.
I over indulged with spiritualised, great album though. Haven’t heard it for some time, going to dig it out. Ok computer no more than ok for me.

I didn’t hate the cure but I certainly preferred the Roses. Mind that was only based on me being young and not really getting Robert Smiths hair and make up.
Now I’ve grown up and base my opinions on the actual music I definitely prefer the Cure

Fools Gold ultimately became my Roses favourite, although there are several others that I have on vinyl that still absolutely hit the spot (Sally Cinnamon, Made of Stone to name two).

A Forest is simply awesome and gets regular play in the cosmic car. There's something about that Joy Division-esque sound that seems to fit so well into the late 70s and 80s narrative inside my grizzled old brain

just checked that as had never heard that before. Weirdly Nevermind was released the following day to screamadelica. 23rd and 24th sept 91
fuck I've had a mare there mate. I bought them together the week they came out but foolishly thought they were both released on the monday. given me head a shake.

From memory I think these were on the same day...

Dylan's Blonde on Blonde and Beach Boys' Pet Sounds

Nirvana's Nevermind and Tribe Called Quest's Low End Theory

The Beatles' White Album and the Kinks' Village Green Preservation Society

Back