The Crystal Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll last one series, people will tune in for a bit of nostalgia having watched it as a kid, but once seen one episode will probably not bother again.

It'll last one series, people will tune in for a bit of nostalgia having watched it as a kid, but once seen one episode will probably not bother again.
challenge tv are showing the original series currently, having watched an episode yesterday i think part of the appeal was richard o'brien and not just the format. probably why it died a death after he left the show. this shouldnt, but appears to rest all on the host for some reason...

challenge tv are showing the original series currently, having watched an episode yesterday i think part of the appeal was richard o'brien and not just the format. probably why it died a death after he left the show. this shouldnt, but appears to rest all on the host for some reason...

I think you're right to a large degree, which is why it's difficult to judge from a celeb special. We've also yet to see the new in game characters (The Knight and Jarhead).

If you watch the old stuff on challenge TV now, even with Richard O'Brien, it's actually a little bit shit.
I proper loved it though when i was kid, thought it was great, but watching back now, it's a bit tedious.
Some things should be just left alone, no need to milk the nostalgia cash cow all the time.

Ayoade is a right wannabe funny man. The cringe will be real with him

Unless he's on the harmonica when they're stuck in tasks it'll be crap

I'm watching it again now but I've never found Ayode funny in any thing he does, that 1st reboot was better with Merchant imo

I'm an Ayoade fan and find Merchant annoying (assuming you mean Stephen not the one from Merchant Ivory films). Regarding Ayoade, you must have liked The IT Crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back