The Crux of the Problem

Stewart Donald is the crux of the problem. This club is dying on its arse. It won’t be sorted until him and the rest of the Oxford Tory mafia fuck off

We are badly lacking are players who can grow with us. Kompany was at City before the Arabs. Terry and Lampard were at Chelsea before Abramovich. Swansea, Leicester and Southampton had players who went through the leagues with them.

There is an obvious problem when success or failure makes you redundant. Max Power seems a canny lad and he’s done ok. I just can’t imagine a set of circumstances where giving him another contract seems like a good idea.

If they are not careful they will be beyond that cos we look just as likely to go down not up. Imagine that, Sunderland AFC in the FOURTH DIVISION. The way we are going that ls a possibility. I have seen some shit in following the lads for sixty years but never have felt such despair as now.
I said this to a mate recently, there's more chance of us getting relegated than promotion in the next two or three years, I was part joking mind. But we are only really two really bad transfer windows away from being in a relegation battle in this league. I dint think it will ever happen mind

We are badly lacking are players who can grow with us. Kompany was at City before the Arabs. Terry and Lampard were at Chelsea before Abramovich. Swansea, Leicester and Southampton had players who went through the leagues with them.

There is an obvious problem when success or failure makes you redundant. Max Power seems a canny lad and he’s done ok. I just can’t imagine a set of circumstances where giving him another contract seems like a good idea.

exactly right,and why keeping Maja and Asoro was so crucial.

SD/CM didn’t focus on the needs of the squad but on the need to sign players who wouldn’t command a fee, irrespective of their talents.

It’s incredible that after all that we not only have a team that still lacks strength and pace but is also among the highest paid in the division.
SD/CM haven’t focused on the needs of the squad but on the need to sign players who wouldn’t command a fee, irrespective of their talents.

It’s incredible that after all that we not only have a team that still lacks the strength and pace we lack but is also still among the highest paid in the division.

Last edited:
I said this to a mate recently, there's more chance of us getting relegated than promotion in the next two or three years, I was part joking mind. But we are only really two really bad transfer windows away from being in a relegation battle in this league. I dint think it will ever happen mind
Agree with you mate BUT who would have thought we would end up spending two consecutive seasons in league 1? Joking aside, the way we are going, anything is possible.

Could build a class league 1 squad with Cattermole and Oviedos wages iirc. Shame we didn’t have any scouts and the recruitment team are shite

Back