The Crown

Got to say Anderson plays Thatcher very well. Watched the first two episodes good as always.

I like this Phil. But both actors have played him well.

I thought he was doing an impression for three quarters of the series. He was good in the moon landing episode though.

It feels like it was this niche thing in s1 and 2 with not very well known actors but when it became a huge success the big beasts wanted in.

Watching series 4 at the moment. Gillian Anderson has Thatcher down exactly. The scene where she and Dennis arrive early for dinner with the Queen :lol:

Emma Corrin who plays Diana is very good too.

Watching series 4 at the moment. Gillian Anderson has Thatcher down exactly. The scene where she and Dennis arrive early for dinner with the Queen :lol:

Emma Corrin who plays Diana is very good too.

In more ways than one! 😍

She's the spitting dabs of a young Diana mind.

I till cannot get away with Olivia Coleman playing Her Maj though - just doesn't like enough like her for me.

Last edited:
Episode 3 quite interesting, certainly can understand Diana’s “There were three people in the marriage” comment in that TV interview. From what I have watched so far, poor Diana was like a lamb led to slaughter when Charles introduced her to the mafia.

Thatcher at breaking point over her missing son and then some Argentine steel workers decide to set up shop on the Falkland Islands. I wonder if things would have gone differently if Mark hadn’t gotten himself lost at the same time?

Back