The Crown

Started with Series 4

Owa lass kept saying I'd like it, even tho I declared it a load of owld shite without even watching, so she wanted series 1-3 herself

When she said it was upto late 70s and with Gillian Anderson as Thatcher, I decided to give it a go...

What a series!!! So good, very enjoyable!

So much so I've just burned through Series 3 (Aberfan WHAT AN EPISODE) and now going to watch series 1+2

Started with Series 4

Owa lass kept saying I'd like it, even tho I declared it a load of owld shite without even watching, so she wanted series 1-3 herself

When she said it was upto late 70s and with Gillian Anderson as Thatcher, I decided to give it a go...

What a series!!! So good, very enjoyable!

So much so I've just burned through Series 3 (Aberfan WHAT AN EPISODE) and now going to watch series 1+2
Ffs could you not have watched it in order 😂
So did the queen and thatcher really have a public fall out ?
Agree that it’s improved having thatcher in it

Last edited:
Season 4 avaialble today. Gillian Anderson playing Thatcher. Will be watching later.
Just started S4.

Gillian Anderson is acting like she's had a stroke. Its truly awful.
Nearly as awful as, so far, they're painting Thatcher as some poor women who means well and wants to do her work like the great person she is.

Makes me want to vomit. Genuinely struggling to watch it.
I only learned of Aberfan in recent years, and watching that episode had tears streaming down my face.

Just started S4.

Nearly as awful as, so far, they're painting Thatcher as some poor women who means well and wants to do her work like the great person she is.

I only learned of Aberfan in recent years, and watching that episode had tears streaming down my face.
She plays Thatcher like a Janet Brown caricature for a comedy show - all exaggerations and no nuance.

Just started S4.

Yeah I struggled with Thatcher a bit, she was before my time so I wasn't sure how spot on her performance was.

pics released yesterday of the new Princess Diana. Its the lass who was in the Night Manager with Tom Hiddlestone and Hugh Laurie.
The likeness was uncanny.

This is interesting.

I'm not sure how much they've seen or whether they've just been given the gist of what's due to be in certain episode, but it could be a storm in a teacup.

There's also some berk on Loose Women saying it should be delayed as a mark of respect for the Queen.
It's not on until November. I see where she's coming from but it's not like it was due to air after her funeral. When would be a suitable period?
It's a TV drama at the end of the day.

Back