The Crown

you are claiming the Queen is not a Royal, pretty ridiculous tbf

I think you may be mistaking her cousins. Technically the Bowes-Lyon family (Queen Mother's lot) (may have spelled that wrong) were aristocrats, but they were nothing more than that until George VI ended up King.
They still were aristocrats, but they weren't Royal in the sense that they weren't part of the direct royal family.

hes really not.

he pretty much is
I think you may be mistaking her cousins. Technically the Bowes-Lyon family (Queen Mother's lot) (may have spelled that wrong) were aristocrats, but they were nothing more than that until George VI ended up King.
They still were aristocrats, but they weren't Royal in the sense that they weren't part of the direct royal family.

she was queen and they were part of her family
Amazing people are actually trying to excuse this

Last edited:
And likewise Diana.
She didn't ask for it either, but was thrown to the wolves too.

I do have some sympathy for him, but at the same time a lot of things were done because of his generation and his parents.
Look at William and Harry's generation in comparison. Not even close.

ive likewise all the sympathy in the world for Dianna. It’s not like anybody has to be team Charles or team Dianna.
They were equally both part of this whole farce that ended tragically. So easily avoided if it wasn’t for this weird code they try to live by.

ive likewise all the sympathy in the world for Dianna. It’s not like anybody has to be team Charles or team Dianna.
They were equally both part of this whole farce that ended tragically. So easily avoided if it wasn’t for this weird code they try to live by.

Not equally at all, Charlie never gave it a chance

he pretty much is

she was queen and they were part of her family
Amazing people are actually trying to excuse this

I don't think anyone is trying to excuse it. I suspect the family living who know about it are pretty appalled.
It's just what was done to many poor people at the time. Royal or not.

I think there's a lot you can feel sorry for Charles about, but he also did himself no favours.
I do feel sorry for the pair of them that they were more pushed together than drawn together, but I can't excuse a lot things he did either.
Or her, but I suspect she wouldn't have strayed had "Gladys" not been on the scene at all.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is trying to excuse it. I suspect the family living who know about it are pretty appalled.
It's just what was done to many poor people at the time. Royal or not.

I think there's a lot you can feel sorry for Charles about, but he also did himself no favours.
I do feel sorry for the pair of them that they were more pushed together than drawn together, but I can't excuse a lot things he did either.
Or her, but I suspect she wouldn't have strayed had "Gladys" not been on the scene at all.

If I wanted to blame anyone then I think Camilla has to be in the frame. She was the only person who could have said to Charles when he got married that they were finished and she didn’t want to see him and she wouldn’t take his phone calls or messages. She chose not to do that and you have to wonder why she didn’t.

If I wanted to blame anyone then I think Camilla has to be in the frame. She was the only person who could have said to Charles when he got married that they were finished and she didn’t want to see him and she wouldn’t take his phone calls or messages. She chose not to do that and you have to wonder why she didn’t.

Probably because she wasn't happy either, but her conduct was pretty reprehensible if you ask me

Publically or just to them? I suspect many knew, but not on the scale of today's media. I couldn't tell you properly in all honesty as I wasn't born!
Ha! it was a reply to you but a general enquiry to everyone. I was only four myself and in Ireland so don't know. I do remember the wedding being on tv though and everyone losing their shit over it.

Back