The Crown

The Camilla casting is worse than that tbh.
Agree. Other than that, the casting has been spot on. Matt Smith as the young Duke was excellent, Josh O'Connor as the young Charles equally so. I love HBC as Margaret. Tobias Menzies does an excellent older Duke too

Onto the episode now where it turns out they locked up 2 sister Royals in a mental hospital and declared them dead.

I'd forgot about that story, you really couldn't put anything past these kernts

Clearly a lot gets past you though. The sisters were not ‘royals’. At best they were part of the aristocracy. Secondly the sisters had no relationship to the ‘royals’ except through the marriage of one of their cousins to the future George VI.
Ol charlie has been completely killed in this series mind.

It was always going to be so, the Diana ghoulish groupies wouldn’t have it any other way and Netflix want to keep their subscribers.

Last edited:
I've just started series one of this. I didn't think I would like it but I am 4 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. For some reason I had never heard of the fog of London which is the focus of episode 4.

Clearly a lot gets past you though. The sisters were not ‘royals’. At best they were part of the aristocracy. Secondly the sisters had no relationship to the ‘royals’ except through the marriage of one of their cousins to the future George VI.

It was always going to be so, the Diana ghoulish groupies wouldn’t have it any other way and Netflix want to keep their subscribers.

They were part of the family and committed to a mental asylum then falsely reported as dead.

Indefensible.
I've just started series one of this. I didn't think I would like it but I am 4 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. For some reason I had never heard of the fog of London which is the focus of episode 4.

I liked season one the best

I’ve nothing but sympathy for him. We couldn’t even begin to imagine what it would have been like for him having every aspect of his childhood then adulthood dictated too.

Fucks sake. Really?!
He married Diana, and was basically in an active relationship - he also did fuck all to hide it.
Can you imagine how that must feel? Can't blame her for seeking comfort elsewhere considering she was getting next to nowt from him.

I do have sympathy for him in the fact that he should have married her in the first place, but the family didn't want it to happen - essentially the blame for everything that happened lies squarely at their door.

I’ve nothing but sympathy for him. We couldn’t even begin to imagine what it would have been like for him having every aspect of his childhood then adulthood dictated too.

It's a family that's been operating one way for centuries struggling with the modern world.

Ol charlie has been completely killed in this series mind.

If anything the series does its best to garner sympathy for him. Its possible not to love one and hate the other. You can have some sympathy for both Charles and Diana to differing degrees.

Fucks sake. Really?!
He married Diana, and was basically in an active relationship - he also did fuck all to hide it.
Can you imagine how that must feel? Can't blame her for seeking comfort elsewhere considering she was getting next to nowt from him.

I do have sympathy for him in the fact that he should have married her in the first place, but the family didn't want it to happen - essentially the blame for everything that happened lies squarely at their door.

yeah totally sympathise. Look at his life,

as a kid sent to a school in Scotland to ‘toughen him up’ that clearly wasn’t right for him
Made to leave his drama degree he lived to live in Wales.
sent off to the navy to keep him away from the woman he truly loved.
Told outright he couldn’t be with her
Forced into marrying somebody he didn’t love by a family who never did anything for him.

nobody can be expected to have all of that thrown on you and just continue on as normal. He’s did Unbelievably well to keep it together and not completely crack up.
im just happy for him now he’s finally getting to enjoy the life he wanted.

nobody should have to endure what his family put him through.
He is a grade A **** , such a tough life he has eh

incredibly tough. Mine has been a breeze compared to his.
It's a family that's been operating one way for centuries struggling with the modern world.

absolutely

they preach togetherness but do all in their power to create the complete opposite.

Last edited:
They were part of the family and committed to a mental asylum then falsely reported as dead.

Indefensible.

I liked season one the best

They were never part of the Royal family. They were part of the Bowes Lyons family, to be exact they were the children of the Queen Mothers brother. The Queen Mother was born a commoner, but became part of the aristocracy when her father inherited his title upon the death of his brother. It’s really not difficult to understand. If you must blame anyone then you need to blame the Queen Mothers family, none of whom were Royal.

They were never part of the Royal family. They were part of the Bowes Lyons family, to be exact they were the children of the Queen Mothers brother. The Queen Mother was born a commoner, but became part of the aristocracy when her father inherited his title upon the death of his brother. It’s really not difficult to understand. If you must blame anyone then you need to blame the Queen Mothers family, none of whom were Royal.

eh? the Queen mother was married to the King

as a kid sent to a school in Scotland to ‘toughen him up’ that clearly wasn’t right for him
Forced into marrying somebody he didn’t love by a family who never did anything for him.

nobody can be expected to have all of that thrown on you and just continue on as normal. He’s did Unbelievably well to keep it together and not completely crack up.

nobody should have to endure what his family put him through.

incredibly tough. Mine has been a breeze compared to his.

absolutely

they preach togetherness but do all in their power to create the complete opposite.

I think that within themselves they are together. It’s when they start to interact with the rest of us that things get complicated. The recent episode showing Thatcher at Balmoral was an example of how they have family in jokes and habits and it’s difficult for an outsider to become part of the group because they don’t have that shared experience to fall back on. But you could probably say the same about most families, but it’s heightened because of who they are.
eh? the Queen mother was married to the King

That doesn’t make her family Royal. It was her family that sent the girls to the hospital and it had zero to do with the Royal family.

Last edited:

And likewise Diana.
She didn't ask for it either, but was thrown to the wolves too.

I do have some sympathy for him, but at the same time a lot of things were done because of his generation and his parents.
Look at William and Harry's generation in comparison. Not even close.

Back