The Crown

most of the way through now. I still cant get used to the actress playing margaret, i always think she is bellatrix lestrange, and it doesn't help when they use the same viaduct as harry potter

I think it’s seeing the various historical moments that makes the show for me. I vividly remember coming home from school to find Mam sitting on the floor in front of the tv breaking her heart over the news coverage of Aberfan.
I watched that last night. Very good episode and very distressing.
I thought it would be terrible, but it is actually a good historical programme that revolves around the crown.

I think it’s because it’s not only the Queens history, it’s ours too.

Last edited:
Some pretty thin episodes in this series. Just watched the space one and it was pretty boring. There's only so much of Phillip moodily staring I can take. Didn't deserve a whole episode on it

The Abervan epsiode tells you all you need to know what the Royal family think of coalfield communities.

If it had been a countryside fox hunting community she would have been there in a shot.
Some pretty thin episodes in this series. Just watched the space one and it was pretty boring. There's only so much of Phillip moodily staring I can take. Didn't deserve a whole episode on it
It told me that the greek is mad.

Yeah I thought the same of the Margaret episode as the last one.
Yeah but them getting a divorce was rather huge at the time. I love Helena BC but I'm still not changing my mind about the waste of space with a handbag called Margaret. The character who's had the most sympathy this series would prabably be Charles.

Hoofing this back up the top for those of you watching it.
It appears it'll finish after season 5, rather than doing an expected 6 series.

In other news, here's the first picture of Gillian Anderson as.... Thatcher.

Logon or register to see this image

There's going to be a lot of conflicted wanks going on

Just finished it , a decent watch , don't like or believe in the monarchy , but found it a bit of an education, put what little knowledge I previously had of them in some sort of order. Surprisingly I enjoyed the earlier years rather than the ones covering my adult years. Was gutted when Claire Foy changed to Olivia Coleman, thought I was going to stop watching at that point, but Colman grew into the role and in the end probably trumped Foy for realism. A bit disappointed, they skirted over the miner's strike of 84-85 and the Brighton bomb , but other than that I enjoyed it

Just finished it , a decent watch , don't like or believe in the monarchy , but found it a bit of an education, put what little knowledge I previously had of them in some sort of order. Surprisingly I enjoyed the earlier years rather than the ones covering my adult years. Was gutted when Claire Foy changed to Olivia Coleman, thought I was going to stop watching at that point, but Colman grew into the role and in the end probably trumped Foy for realism. A bit disappointed, they skirted over the miner's strike of 84-85 and the Brighton bomb , but other than that I enjoyed it

Was a bit strange that alright

Back