The craic in the USA

I can't see the daily figures but the fatality rate seems to be accelerating, could hit 275k before the weekend, looking at the NBC tracker
Have people just given up?

Yesterday was 2600 and 170,000 cases.. it will be very similar today.. within a week we will see the first 3000 day. .

At 2300 and 160,000 so far today and Texas has yet to give its number so that will. E at least 10k cases and 200 deaths

Last edited:
Yesterday was 2600 and 170,000 cases.. it will be very similar today.. within a week we will see the first 3000 day
So we're up from a 9/11 every 2 1/2 days to one every day
50 days till Biden's inauguration and he'll dealing with a death toll of well over 400k
This is beyond comprehension

Yesterday was 2600 and 170,000 cases.. it will be very similar today.. within a week we will see the first 3000 day. .

At 2300 and 160,000 so far today and Texas has yet to give its number so that will. E at least 10k cases and 200 deaths
I haven't looked into this but what is the excess death situation comparable to other countries.

It's going to be pure carnage over there just in time for biden to take over. 10 million travelling by plane for Thanksgiving last week which will add to these dire numbers and it'll be about 4 weeks from now for those numbers to kick in which will be pretty much bang on Xmas . . . Like watch a huge car crash in slow motion. Mental.

Broke both of it's own records yesterday.. 203,000 cases and over 2800 deaths
It's not slowing
More people died in the US yesterday died in Japan during the entire pandemic
Japan's reduction in GDP is less than the US GDP during the pandemic according to the latest figures I can find
You might have more up to date figures
All completely preventable
Life expectancy in Japan is 5 year more than the US

Last edited:
You can bet your house that if it predominantly killed rich white people or the symptoms included having to pay proper tax rates and/or wages that the place would be locked down tighter than @tunstall birdman's hard drive. I still maintain that letting those religious nutjobs fuck off over there in 1620 led directly to our country's subsequent few centuries of success. They're still crackers hundreds of years later.

You can bet your house that if it predominantly killed rich white people or the symptoms included having to pay proper tax rates and/or wages that the place would be locked down tighter than @tunstall birdman's hard drive. I still maintain that letting those religious nutjobs fuck off over there in 1620 led directly to our country's subsequent few centuries of success. They're still crackers hundreds of years later.
:lol:

The simple fact is most don't take it seriously here. Some do, sure, I've worn my mask to the shops every day. In fact, running to the car to give the wife something was the first time I've gone without one.

The other day I was in the supermarket, and there's a young daft lad with it round his f***ing chin, joking to his lass about coughing. Tbh, the way they've handled this whole shite has put me off staying here forever. Was desperate to get out of the NE when I left, but feels like we're a smarter breed on the whole.

The simple fact is most don't take it seriously here. Some do, sure, I've worn my mask to the shops every day. In fact, running to the car to give the wife something was the first time I've gone without one.

The other day I was in the supermarket, and there's a young daft lad with it round his f***ing chin, joking to his lass about coughing. Tbh, the way they've handled this whole shite has put me off staying here forever. Was desperate to get out of the NE when I left, but feels like we're a smarter breed on the whole.

My mother was seriously contemplating coming back to the UK if he got another term and she's a yank. Just got to hope some form of sanity returns after January 20th.

As has already been said, a 9/11 every day and still they plow on.

Doesn't each Governor of each state have the word on lockdowns ? I'm fairly sure not many are and the people aren't taking this very seriously so they're just going to have increased cases and deaths.

Doesn't each Governor of each state have the word on lockdowns ? I'm fairly sure not many are and the people aren't taking this very seriously so they're just going to have increased cases and deaths.
That's correct
They can even over rule local authorities such as mayors
In Georgia Governor Brian Kemp took the mayor of Atlanta, Keisha Lance Bottoms, to court because she imposed a mask mandate
Rick De Santos has over ruled every mayor in Florida who imposed a mask mandate and certain levels of lock down
Greg Abbott did the same in Texas but had to back track because Texas is now a blood bath
Kentucky and a few other GOP controlled states are now bringing in new lock down rules and mask mandates because the health system are completely overwhelmed
Your should note all these red states were pandering to one man, by reopening there economies and not introducing mask mandates, the death and misery this has caused is apocalyptic
In South Dakota GOP governor Kirsti Noem has refused to impose lock down or mask mandates. 1 in 800 inhabitants of South Dakota have died from covid.
Models indicate the number will double, when you consider the number of hospitalizations that result in that number of deaths, no wonder the GOP is now a death cult

Back