The craic in the USA

Didn’t see the start of trumps press conference but they seem to be concentrating on illegal drugs being imported into states and drive to thwart the illicit trade, I’m sur the governor of NY will be pleased about that!!
It’s a strange one on their worst day for deaths due to the virus.

Christianity the ideology of death. An actual death cult.

Using your own logic, you’re a racist. If you call people criticising Islam racists, then the same must apply for people criticising Christianity.
In fairness mate me sister's an evangelical christian, her church is closed and the pastor is organising online pray session's, mind you she's live in Bishop Auckland, where, other than electing a tory MP they are a sensible lot. Around were I live the church's and a mosque are closed. I think its more to do with them being attention seeking wankers than religion.

Don’t waste your breath on him, mate. He’s a hard of thinking hypocrite with an agenda.

Last edited:
Like most politicians, out of his depth now. I haven't seen one that doesn't look rattled by this pandemic.

Apart from Stefan from Sweden, but even he's twitching a bit now too.

I’ll say one thing for Trump, he’s one politician who at least doesn’t try to hide the fact he’s an utter loon.
The fact that he’s president of the US and the ‘leader of the free world’ (I hate that bollocks) paints a really terrible picture of the American voters.

Of course, they voted in an ex cowboy film actor and Bush senior and junior, so it’s perhaps not that surprising after all.

I’ll say one thing for Trump, he’s one politician who at least doesn’t try to hide the fact he’s an utter loon.
The fact that he’s president of the US and the ‘leader of the free world’ (I hate that bollocks) paints a really terrible picture of the American voters.

Of course, they voted in an ex cowboy film actor and Bush senior and junior, so it’s perhaps not that surprising after all.

I have no strong feeling's on the bloke either way really, apart from putting his speech's on the TV send's me into an instant Nana nap on the sofa.

He clearly appeals to some and not to others in an very diverse and widespread country, they will probably have more lunatic leaders in the years to come. It looks like the talent pool is dry as every presidential candidate recently looks like a Skeksis from the Dark Crystal.

Please remember that more people voted for the other candidate than Trump (as was also the case with Bush II the first time he was elected). When a minority of ass-backwards morons can elect candidates over the votes of the majority, you're going to get some shitstains on the White House linen.

Please remember that more people voted for the other candidate than Trump (as was also the case with Bush II the first time he was elected). When a minority of ass-backwards morons can elect candidates over the votes of the majority, you're going to get some shitstains on the White House linen.

Indeed! Sorry, I wasn’t meaning to offend you or any other American posting on here.

Like most politicians, out of his depth now. I haven't seen one that doesn't look rattled by this pandemic.

jacinda ardern the PM of NZ has been spot on, she's been decisive and on the front foot. she locked them down way before other western countries did.

jacinda ardern the PM of NZ has been spot on, she's been decisive and on the front foot. she locked them down way before other western countries did.

edit: haven't heard the south korean PM speak but his country have nailed it, they had their first confirmed case the same day as the US did and look at how they're fairing now...

Last edited:

Fair play to her for that and good luck to them. Auckland isn’t London or New York though.

Fair play to her for that and good luck to them. Auckland isn’t London or New York though.

NZ has a similar population to louisiana which has 6500 cases and 273 deaths, aukland and new orleans are similar in population too i think

Bit too early to say at the moment I'd guess but to put it in context... NY state has 2000 deaths with a population of 20million.. UK has 2500 from 60+ million.

I think the 100k for the US could be hit within a month..
That's a flawed argument , you should compare the death rate v population in NY to that of London , not the UK , population wise the death rate in those vast areas on the USA which is only sparsely populated compared to the UK will be no bigger I would suggest.

edit: haven't heard the south korean PM speak but his country have nailed it, they had their first confirmed case the same day as the US did and look at how they're fairing now...
It's all too early to say which is the best option.
If they have to have lockdown for 3 months will they cope.
Will we cope when ours is inevitably extended?
If we were already in week 4 and had no end in sight, we could have far far more issues brought than covid19.

This will be one for economists and historians if we did things the right way or were influenced too much by social media

I go into work and folk are fairly positive about the future, and how things are going. I come on here and its horrendous.
I can't see this board being good for anyones health tbh.

Last edited:
Indeed! Sorry, I wasn’t meaning to offend you or any other American posting on here.

No worries. It's just become clear that a fair number of people don't understand how and why Republicans win elections despite getting fewer votes, so I thought it bore repeating.

Back