The craic in the USA

If you do it by 'deaths per 1m population' the US actually does OK - better than us, Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, Holland, Ireland and a few others. Outside of New York and New Jersey the numbers are actually pretty good - most States barely have any deaths.

that might be true but states like Florida seem to an amazing coincidence are having a terrible time with the flu:

And it seems there really was something to hide. Multiple tweets have pointed out that Florida is one of several states where a particular category of deaths that have happened in 2020 represents a sharp increase over past years. That category is deaths due to “flu or pneumonia.” As compiled by the CDC, in the first six months of 2020, Florida has logged 5,248 deaths due to pneumonia. Of those deaths, 960 were identified as being connected to COVID-19. That leaves 4,288 pneumonia deaths which were reported, but not logged against the COVID-19 deaths. Looking at the period between 2014 and 2018, Florida has averaged 2870 deaths from pneumonia … over an entire year.

the scientist who was putting together the 'real' Florida stats was fired last week for not cooking the books.

But not wearing one themselves
In uk will drive a juke and live on the new Miller development at seaburn
Shop at Aldi or Lidl but hates foreigners not realising they are actually German and loves me Chinese on a Friday night
Basically a Brexit hypocrite
I voted brexit, I know plenty who did the same, all decent people and none of us hate foreigners, you sound like you haven't a clue.

that might be true but states like Florida seem to an amazing coincidence are having a terrible time with the flu:

And it seems there really was something to hide. Multiple tweets have pointed out that Florida is one of several states where a particular category of deaths that have happened in 2020 represents a sharp increase over past years. That category is deaths due to “flu or pneumonia.” As compiled by the CDC, in the first six months of 2020, Florida has logged 5,248 deaths due to pneumonia. Of those deaths, 960 were identified as being connected to COVID-19. That leaves 4,288 pneumonia deaths which were reported, but not logged against the COVID-19 deaths. Looking at the period between 2014 and 2018, Florida has averaged 2870 deaths from pneumonia … over an entire year.

the scientist who was putting together the 'real' Florida stats was fired last week for not cooking the books.

On the flip side of this, there are a lot of reports of hospitals reporting "covid deaths" that aren't warranted. I read some article yesterday where 2 people who died of gunshot wounds were marked down as covid deaths because they tested positive for example.

On the flip side of this, there are a lot of reports of hospitals reporting "covid deaths" that aren't warranted. I read some article yesterday where 2 people who died of gunshot wounds were marked down as covid deaths because they tested positive for example.
2 out of 105,000 dead people, can you post the article please, if it's correct the coroner should be fired btw. Lies & misinformation is one of the reason's the pandemic is still out of control in the USA

Last edited:
The USA accounts for 30% of cases world wide, throw in Brazil, the UK and Russia, just shy of 50% of all known cases.
A great endorsement for populism wouldn't you say?

You can’t lump the US and UK in the same league as Russia man. Get a grip.
That is why excess deaths are the best guiding statistic you should use

People dying of gun shot wounds aren’t the best examples for excess deaths mind.

Back