The craic in the USA

Scott Apley, a Texas GOP representative and vehement anti-vaxx christian died of covid...

here's one of his tweets from just a couple of months ago

Scott also passed covid onto his wife and his infant son...
there's a go-fund-me page set up for his family which has raised nearly $50k so far, which they need to pay their medical bills for not taking a free vaccine.
there's also a reddit thread on anti vaxxers who have self-tucked themselves, which is worth a look

the general problem or issue over in the USA is that your average American, or even majority of Americans, are not capable of thinking for themselves! ... sadly this has spilled over into other Western World countries... so once you get certain types spouting nonsense it isn't hard to understand why they are so gullible?! :rolleyes:

It's reckoned that after 3 years around 675k Americans were lost in the Spanish flu pandemic, they'll likely surpass that figure by the end of the month in half that time and after 100 years of medical advancement.

It's reckoned that after 3 years around 675k Americans were lost in the Spanish flu pandemic, they'll likely surpass that figure by the end of the month in half that time and after 100 years of medical advancement.

I'm sure read something before that said given the increase in population, that the figures for Spanish flu in current times for them would have been over a million (closer to 1.5).

I'm sure read something before that said given the increase in population, that the figures for Spanish flu in current times for them would have been over a million (closer to 1.5).

Aye, in terms of mortality rates the Spanish flu had a bigger impact on the smaller population at the time. At the moment it is easily conceivable the the US will lose 1m + by the time this is done and dusted, they're running a 7 day average of 1.4k a day at the moment and rising.

When I was young one of my metalwork teachers was of the opinion that stupidity and ignorance posed the greatest threats to mankind and were by far the biggest killers. He wasn’t wrong.
THIs woman has been posting anti vax / mask and covid misinformation for months , now, feeling unwell she contacts a private clinic to book a test and the owner tells her to sod off 😀😀. Why a private clinic says it won’t test Candace Owens for COVID-19
I’d like to laugh but I won’t. I’m a believer in fate. If she was she wouldn’t have things like this happen to her. Daft little bugger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once they've forced everyone to get the vaccine, and the virus still doesn't go away, then what?

In America, where multiple states will fight this tooth and nail, this could literally result in civil war.

The aim isnt to make the vaccine go away its to stop people dying and flooding the health service so we can get on as normal and get back to providing all routine health care

Also I would suspect that the individual states have no say in what the federal government mandates for their workforce

FWIW they are doing the same in left leaning Canada too for federal workers

Once they've forced everyone to get the vaccine, and the virus still doesn't go away, then what?

In America, where multiple states will fight this tooth and nail, this could literally result in civil war.
I think you have the federal government confused with Fox News, Fox News has made all its employees get vaccinated, Biden is simply saying if you want to work for the federal government or want to do business with the federal government you have to be vaccinated.

Where I work just madated complusory vacines for 18,000 students and 7,000 staff, I haven't heard of anyone threatening to take up arms

I think you have the federal government confused with Fox News, Fox News has made all its employees get vaccinated, Biden is simply saying if you want to work for the federal government or want to do business with the federal government you have to be vaccinated.

Where I work just madated complusory vacines for 18,000 students and 7,000 staff, I haven't heard of anyone threatening to take up arms
I have heard of students been threatened with being flung of courses.... Courses that are 100% remotely. Can anyone explain that?

Back