The craic in the USA

It's awful to see these people get it and then see how real it is, I would like to take some satisfaction from their suffering after all the false information and utter rubbish some of them have spouted but I just can't. I hope she recovers and actually changes her way of thinking, it's a very harsh lesson to learn the way she has.

for a 1st world leading nation, they looks to sky pixies for a hell of a lot things...
Lad at work is married to a lass from one of the 'Bible Belt' states in the US - over here, she avoid churches like the plague, drinks wine with her meals, goes out to pubs etc. Generally lives a normal life.

Whenever they went to visit her parents in Buttf@ck, Nebraska, or wherever it was (pre-Covid, obviously), she would revert back to the Baptist, bible-thumping, tea-total persona that her family remembered her as.

He's a Jock (from just outside Aberdeen, I think) and is a beer-drinking, non-church goer and he absolutely hates going to visit them. They're f@cking loons, according to him.

just checked the numbers in the US (and depending on the source):

around 300,000 new cases per day
3000 avg deaths per day
under 70% fully vaccinated (way less in some states)
over 900,000 deaths so far and at the current rate they'll hit the 1,000,000 deaths in a month or so.

for context around 500,000 - 600,000 americans die each year from all cancers*, but yeah politicise and weaponise a free vaccine and other health measures.

*cancer isn't contagious

just checked the numbers in the US (and depending on the source):

around 300,000 new cases per day
3000 avg deaths per day
under 70% fully vaccinated (way less in some states)
over 900,000 deaths so far and at the current rate they'll hit the 1,000,000 deaths in a month or so.

for context around 500,000 - 600,000 americans die each year from all cancers*, but yeah politicise and weaponise a free vaccine and other health measures.

*cancer isn't contagious
How many Americans die from all causes per year?

How many Americans die from all causes per year?
What difference does that make?

In 2020, covid was the #3 cause of death in the US (see FastStats). Considering that 2021 featured more COVID deaths in the US than 2020 (Fact-check: Did more Americans die from COVID-19 in 2021 than in 2020?), it'll remain #3 as it was a fair distance behind cancer but also a fair distance ahead of anything else.

But cancer and heart disease don't have vaccines. COVID vaccines were widely available in the US from roughly the beginning of April onward (nearly 3/4 of the year; and if you doubt this fact, you'll have to contend with the fact that I, a dude in my 30s with zero underlying conditions, got my first Pfizer shot in March), making it a pretty ugly picture of avoidable deaths.

What difference does that make?

In 2020, covid was the #3 cause of death in the US (see FastStats). Considering that 2021 featured more COVID deaths in the US than 2020 (Fact-check: Did more Americans die from COVID-19 in 2021 than in 2020?), it'll remain #3 as it was a fair distance behind cancer but also a fair distance ahead of anything else.

But cancer and heart disease don't have vaccines. COVID vaccines were widely available in the US from roughly the beginning of April onward (nearly 3/4 of the year; and if you doubt this fact, you'll have to contend with the fact that I, a dude in my 30s with zero underlying conditions, got my first Pfizer shot in March), making it a pretty ugly picture of avoidable deaths.
I was just interested 🤷‍♂️

I was just interested 🤷‍♂️
Because you're "just interested," the answer is between 3.3 and 3.4 million people each of the last two years, which is a significant bump from pre-COVID years.

I'm sure you just wanted a random number that would have very little meaning and weren't planning on using it to make a political point or anything, because that would be very unlike you, yes it would.

Because you're "just interested," the answer is between 3.3 and 3.4 million people each of the last two years, which is a significant bump from pre-COVID years.

I'm sure you just wanted a random number that would have very little meaning and weren't planning on using it to make a political point or anything, because that would be very unlike you, yes it would.
I genuinely was just interested.

COVID and America’s Major Religions

https://jewishjournal.com/my-turn/345311/covid-and-americas-major-religions
COVID and America’s Major Religions Dennis Prager - February 22, 2022 For two years, Americans have been partially or entirely deprived of fundamental freedoms — of assembly, speech, religious ...
A lot of incorrect info in that, more than 20 school age children ( may not all have been attending school)and at least one teacher died in Sweden of Covid.

COVID and America’s Major Religions

https://jewishjournal.com/my-turn/345311/covid-and-americas-major-religions
COVID and America’s Major Religions Dennis Prager - February 22, 2022 For two years, Americans have been partially or entirely deprived of fundamental freedoms — of assembly, speech, religious ...

A terribly biased article. I wonder why I recognise the name Prager.

Dennis Prager is the founder of Prager University. A university that doesn’t teach classes, carry out research, award degrees or have a single student. Instead it promotes Conservative views on social media. It just calls itself a university to add legitimacy to its very conservative viewpoints.

If you’re taken in by Dennis Prager’s writing…please remember where he is coming from.

This is a man who considers homosexuality to be the decline of western civilisation.

He purports to care about freedom of religion, but criticised a Muslim senator for carrying out his swearing in ceremony with a Koran.

He thinks that HIV and AIDS in heterosexual people is just made up by the left.

He is IMO, not a balanced man capable of rational thought…or at least one who has no desire to broadcast his rational thoughts.

A terribly biased article. I wonder why I recognise the name Prager.

Dennis Prager is the founder of Prager University. A university that doesn’t teach classes, carry out research, award degrees or have a single student. Instead it promotes Conservative views on social media. It just calls itself a university to add legitimacy to its very conservative viewpoints.

If you’re taken in by Dennis Prager’s writing…please remember where he is coming from.

This is a man who considers homosexuality to be the decline of western civilisation.

He purports to care about freedom of religion, but criticised a Muslim senator for carrying out his swearing in ceremony with a Koran.

He thinks that HIV and AIDS in heterosexual people is just made up by the left.

He is IMO, not a balanced man capable of rational thought…or at least one who has no desire to broadcast his rational thoughts.

PragerU the shit shovelling grifters of YouTube apologists.

for a 1st world leading nation, they looks to sky pixies for a hell of a lot things...
As far as I can make out God has won every major sporting event in the US since the dawn of time, they thank him in every interview. he must be juicing and doing the water wine thing on his sample

Dennis Prager is a right wingnut and religious nut too. He went to rallys and conferences to get himself deliberately infected with covid, because he reckoned that was better protection from the virus than getting a vaccine. What a lunatic.

Last edited:
Another vehemently anti-vaxx, right wing nut job looking for thoughts & prayers

How it started
How it’s going

after being off the grid for 2 months (on a ventilator):

she's alive, but needs to learn to walk again and waiting to get her trachea removed.
Not really clear on the US medical insurance industry but many like here will be bankrupt after paying the hospital bill.
no one knows of course but if she'd just got the vaccine she'd probably just had 'the flu'...

Back