The Cowleys

On loan from Man City. I think their own young keeper Bass is better personally.

Their whole set-up is a bit car-crash tbh. Playing 3-6-1 formation I think, with only one recognised centre half. Marquis threw a hissy fit when he was hooked anarl last neet apparently.
bazumu is the keepers name-he isan outstanding talent. not saying ours isnt like but bazumu is potentially top class.

I said it at the time it was a freak result. One of those everything went against us that day. But since then everything has gone to form.
It WAS a freak result, and I believe those who said it had nothing to do with the pitch are wrong. If that game had been played on grass instead of in water, I don’t think we’d have lost and there’s every likelihood we’d have won. They adapted better, sure, but got got lucky with the conditions

Doesn’t make you a decent keeper if you are on loan from a big club.
We had a Lad last season, Kovar on loan from Man Utd.
Lee Camp was more reliable and at least cost us 10 points.
Absolutely useless and all over the place.

On loan from Man City. I think their own young keeper Bass is better personally.

Their whole set-up is a bit car-crash tbh. Playing 3-6-1 formation I think, with only one recognised centre half. Marquis threw a hissy fit when he was hooked anarl last neet apparently.
Marquis is loathed by their fans, a total non entity of a footballer, their Will Grigg. Naturally we gifted two goals to him but it's the Sunderland way

the fact at 19 years old he is first choice in league on and internationally tells you he is fr advanced compared to most keepers his age

Playing in front of Pompey's defence week-in, week-out could be the ruin of him.
It WAS a freak result, and I believe those who said it had nothing to do with the pitch are wrong. If that game had been played on grass instead of in water, I don’t think we’d have lost and there’s every likelihood we’d have won. They adapted better, sure, but got got lucky with the conditions

I would have having McGeady missing was another thing that went in their favour, but even he would have been impotent in those conditions.

Last edited:
the fact at 19 years old he is first choice in league on and internationally tells you he is fr advanced compared to most keepers his age
Says more about the appalling state of Irish football than anything. A 19 year old whose only appearances in professional football are for a side relegated from the third tier and a side near bottom of the third tier. (I'm assuming Shamrock are not professional?).

How is he first choice? Surely Randolph is a better option.

Says more about the appalling state of Irish football than anything. A 19 year old whose only appearances in professional football are for a side relegated from the third tier and a side near bottom of the third tier. (I'm assuming Shamrock are not professional?).

How is he first choice? Surely Randolph is a better option.
rovers are a pro team....
randoplh may be the better option but he would be behind travers who is first chice for bournemouth at the top of the championship
and kelleher who is liverpool number two and played against watford last time..
irelands keepr options are healtheir than they have been for a while in terms of depth..that he is first choice reflects form for ireland relative to the other two.

Back