The County Plodder has gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

essex boy

Striker
bye bye Bresnan.

You will never play for England again.

Sums up all what is wrong with county cricket and the demise in international cricket as a whole when a military medium bowler of dross, on flat wickets can get so many tests.

I would be embarrased having ever called oursleves the number 1 test side in the world

good riddance

bye bye Bresnan.

Sums up all what is wrong with county cricket and the demise in international cricket as a whole when a military medium bowler of dross, on flat wickets can get so many tests.

I would be embarrased having ever called oursleves the number 1 test side in the world

good riddance

Your usual over reaction, I see !

Would you be prepared to put money on Bresnan never playing for England again ? I think you'd be a bit stupid if you did.

While I don't rate Bresnan that highly, I think your comments are way over the top.

Why not chuck Broad in for good measure as well ?

All of England's bowlers minus Swann are under scrutiny. And have been for 12 months. There are some good bowlers in the wings including Finn , Onions , Meaker and that fella Harrison that has just signed for Middlesex. All better bowlers than Bresnan. And if Flower likes Bres as an all rounder i wouldn't swap him at Durham for Ben Stokes. Come in Bresnan your time is up.

Last edited:
bye bye Bresnan.

good riddance

BUMP

You were wrong about Bresnan, wrong about Imran Tahir and probably wrong about Chris Jordan.

Feel free to write back in three years time with an "As predicted " message

playing by default?

Obviously he is, but my point was that you can't write someones career off at a stroke.

I'd have preferred to see either Onions get a well deserved chance or maybe even the extra pace of Meaker, but you've got to assume that generally (first test aside) the selectors know best.

There are a few batters and bowlers who find the sub continent a struggle, but they will be right in the mix come NZ or The Ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back