The Coronavirus and football

Anthony From Blue

Central Defender
Just how serious could this realistically get? No Euros in the summer?

Serie A matches being cancelled is a worrying development, might not be long until English football games are cancelled at the rate it's spreading.

It’s more important than sport. Bringing 32k people together in a ground just enables the virus. Times that by all the grounds and you potentially have a very quick way to spread the virus. I’d rather stay inside and live a wee bit longer.

why do the chinese need to eat everything with a pulse ill be gutted if this starts affecting the football over here. i mean who looks at a bat and thinks alreet ill have that for me dinner f***ing idiots
Birds nest soup ffs.

There is absolutely no chance the Euros could be cancelled at this short notice.
Could quite easily play games behind closed doors if this things spreads. It's not unreasonable for people to be quarantine with such an outbreak which could feasibly warrant the cancellation of the tournament. Same applies with the Olympics tbf.

The hot weather may get rid off it. However I know mild winters are worse for viruses as a cold frost gets rid of a lot of bacteria
It isn’t bacteria though, it’a a virus, they sre both microscopic but a virus is bigger than bacteria. Bacteria is alive, it needs two bacteria to mutliply, just like us. A virus is not really alive in that way, bacteria multiply outside of the cells a virus only multiplies from within our cells.

Something like 2700 deaths worldwide from it up to now and folk are shitting their pants, yes it'll become more widespread and lots more folk will die from it and it could become unbelievably bad but (as an example) pneumonia kills about 2.5 million people each year and no-one gives a shit.
It's got a lot of of serious competition around before I'm getting worked up about it.

It isn’t bacteria though, it’a a virus, they sre both microscopic but a virus is bigger than bacteria. Bacteria is alive, it needs two bacteria to mutliply, just like us. A virus is not really alive in that way, bacteria multiply outside of the cells a virus only multiplies from within our cells.
Other way round. Viruses are much smaller than bacteria. They're little more than DNA in a shell. It's one of the things that makes them far harder to treat - there's far less for the immune system to react to, and fewer processes which can be susceptible to drugs.

Something like 2700 deaths worldwide from it up to now and folk are shitting their pants, yes it'll become more widespread and lots more folk will die from it and it could become unbelievably bad but (as an example) pneumonia kills about 2.5 million people each year and no-one gives a shit.
It's got a lot of of serious competition around before I'm getting worked up about it.

This.

You have NHS England, and other experts who are relatively calm yet people are flapping.

Watching Beijing Guoan v Shanghai Shenhua match in China and we think it's bad all the crisp packets and litter blowing all over the pitch, here face masks blowing all over the pitch.

Back