The Copt Hill Pub....

:rolleyes: Shame. Will it ever be taken over and kept open full time? Or knocked down for a couple of houses

It is a shame. I used to work there when Bobby had it years ago, always packed every weekend back then. Seems like no one can get it right these days, but that's the industry at the minute. Hoping for a euro millions win tonight :cool:

Back in 2000 - 2002 when I was back in the North East for a couple of years it was a great place to go for some good grub and beer at reasonable prices, good atmosphere and service. Sad to learn it continues to go down hill...

Back in 2000 - 2002 when I was back in the North East for a couple of years it was a great place to go for some good grub and beer at reasonable prices, good atmosphere and service. Sad to learn it continues to go down hill...

I'll have probably served you!

:rolleyes: Shame. Will it ever be taken over and kept open full time? Or knocked down for a couple of houses
Couple? With the car park they'd put about 20 on the fucker these days.

I blame non smokers.
It's entirely due to the decade long Tory imposition of austerity impinging on the innate working and middle class penchant for illicit extra marital affairs. It used to be the perfect 'nee-one will recognise us and it isn't too far away' drinking den for sexually disgruntled married folk. Hence the associated rise in dogging rates.

Last edited:
Couple? With the car park they'd put about 20 on the fucker these days.

It's entirely due to the decade long Tory imposition of austerity impinging on the innate working and middle class penchant for illicit extra marital affairs. It used to be the perfect 'nee-one will recognise us and it isn't too far away' drinking den for sexually disgruntled married folk. Hence the associated rise in dogging rates.

This is true, especially when they occupy a corner plot. Over the years, lots of former pubs and filling stations have been turned into apartments. They can cram more on then.

Back