The cook bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIRC Essex Boy said Cook would achieve 35 test centuries and Stephen Cartwright bet him £100 he wouldn't.

This ton is his 21st so 14 more required before Carty has to cough up.

I can't make my mind up whether he'll achieve it or not. He'll get close but not sure he'll be able to maintain the consistency to reach the target.

IIRC Essex Boy said Cook would achieve 35 test centuries and Stephen Cartwright bet him £100 he wouldn't.

I can't make my mind up whether he'll achieve it or not. He'll get close but not sure he'll be able to maintain the consistency to reach the target.

Was it not 30?

Either way, I can't not see him doing it. Should fill his boots in any series at home to New Zealand and Bangladesh.

He'll absolutely piss it. By the time Cook retires, in 10 or so years, he'll hold pretty much every English batting record (apart from average). He'll be the first Englishman into 5 figures and will get 40+ centuries easily. Been apparent since his 1st Ashes tour in 2006.

EB is usually wrong (;)), but he got this one spot on.

He'll absolutely piss it. By the time Cook retires, in 10 or so years, he'll hold pretty much every English batting record (apart from average). He'll be the first Englishman into 5 figures and will get 40+ centuries easily. Been apparent since his 1st Ashes tour in 2006.

EB is usually right (;)), and he got this one spot on againTE]

amended squire ;)

35 tons required

will be among the all time greats of cricket if achieved.

if he does, i will gladly deliver £100 to EB

13 more to go though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back