The common cold

When I've had a cold in the past would have had sore throat, stuffy nose etc but still had a bit of energy. Not much of those this time. Feeling washed out more than anything TBH. I'm double jabbed and wondering if the jab has changed the way our body normally reacts to the common cold virus?

When I've had a cold in the past would have had sore throat, stuffy nose etc but still had a bit of energy. Not much of those this time. Feeling washed out more than anything TBH. I'm double jabbed and wondering if the jab has changed the way our body normally reacts to the common cold virus?
Loads of different viruses cause common cold. Most of us haven’t needed our immune system to do much for nearly two years, it simply won’t be primed and we will all of almost forgotten what a shit cold is like so probably experience it as worse than we remembered. No more than that I suspect.

Loads of different viruses cause common cold. Most of us haven’t needed our immune system to do much for nearly two years, it simply won’t be primed and we will all of almost forgotten what a shit cold is like so probably experience it as worse than we remembered. No more than that I suspect.
As predicted. Folk just need to suck it up, literally.

I've only had one cold in the last 18 months and that was a few weeks ago after being in That London for the weekend. It only lasted a few days. I'd almost forgotten what having the sniffles was like.

Stop questioning things, it's frowned upon.
Just keep your opinions to yourself. :lol:

Bairn is loaded, did a LFT on him tonight which was negative (just to be on the safe side).
Hopefully he'll be feeling better after a good night's kip, he can still smell (through the unblocked nostril) and isn't off his food which is good.
I don't know what to do regarding school, normally I'd just send him in with a cold (as long as he doesn't have a temperature etc) but in times of covid would that still be okay ?

I'm the same. Into week 2 and feeling a bit better.
I never usually get colds.
Same here. Wife has had it as well. Just a slight lingering cough with a little bit of phlegm around me tonisils. Fairly annoying in the middle of the night when trying to sleep though.
Bairn is loaded, did a LFT on him tonight which was negative (just to be on the safe side).
Hopefully he'll be feeling better after a good night's kip, he can still smell (through the unblocked nostril) and isn't off his food which is good.
I don't know what to do regarding school, normally I'd just send him in with a cold (as long as he doesn't have a temperature etc) but in times of covid would that still be okay ?
Should be fine. We've sent our little one in with a snotty nose and a bit of a cough and nothing was said.
This thread gas prompted me to book my flu jab! £13 quid well spent if I can avoid the cold Ive just had!

Last edited:
Same here. Wife has had it as well. Just a slight lingering cough with a little bit of phlegm around me tonisils. Fairly annoying in the middle of the night when trying to sleep though.

Should be fine. We've sent our little one in with a snotty nose and a bit of a cough and nothing was said.
This thread gas prompted me to book my flu jab! £13 quid well spent if I can avoid the cold Ive just had!
Urgh he can barely get his head up off the pillow bless him, he's still in bed so I think I just need to call it in (I'd feel crap sending him in as he'd have to sit in a mask all day anarl and try breathing through the 1 unblocked nostril FFS).

Urgh he can barely get his head up off the pillow bless him, he's still in bed so I think I just need to call it in (I'd feel crap sending him in as he'd have to sit in a mask all day anarl and try breathing through the 1 unblocked nostril FFS).
:eek: What, they are still making kids wear masks around your way ?

It's carnage at the minute to be fair. I was convinced the bairn just had a cold, the LFT's were returning negative. The wife not convinced took her for a proper test and it's come back positive.

It's carnage at the minute to be fair. I was convinced the bairn just had a cold, the LFT's were returning negative. The wife not convinced took her for a proper test and it's come back positive.

I know this is after the horse has bolted but if you are symptomatic then go straight for a PCR test not LFT. That's the NHS guidelines. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Back