The Clash

Just watched a documentary about them , not a big lover of Punk but these lads had some cracking tunes and must have influenced countless other bands :cool:
One of the best groups ever ?

What’s the documentary and where can I watch it?

Imagine not liking The Clash ffs. :oops:

Class band. My 12 year-old daughter loves them too. She's got canny taste in music for someone of age/generation.

Just watched a documentary about them , not a big lover of Punk but these lads had some cracking tunes and must have influenced countless other bands :cool:
One of the best groups ever ?
What was the programme called and where is it available marra?

Last edited:
Superb group. Remember the era when they came out well. Rough place was England back then and learnt about life very quickly folllowing safc around the country, particularly London

Arsenal play London calling by the clash prior to their games at the emirates

Indeed football all mixed in with music.
Mods, skins, punks, rockers. Standing on that piece of terrace.
It had everything but a little scary for sure and looking back with older mates now over a few beers just brings it all back.
The Town End at Swindon was simply a place I will never forget.

Westway to the World is the official doc, but there's a few more kicking about.
Also theiron own film Rude Boys which is a complete hotchpotch but the live footage is so incendiary you'll need gloves to use the remote control

Class and will never tire of listening to them. First time I saw them, June 1980 at the City Hall, still my favourite gig ever, just mind-blowing. London Calling had come out about 6 months earlier and there was a mix of that plus the earlier stuff , Mikey Dread came on for Rockers Galore and the whole thing was totally mesmerising. There was no internet or owt back then so you never knew what to expect, just blew everyone away. I've since found an audience recording of it and the playing was actually pretty rough but add the whole experience together and unbeatable. Saw them a few times after that and they were always good but never the heights of that first time.
Over the years the albums which were hammered by critics or fans are actually my favourites now, Give 'em Enough Rope and Sandinista. Very rarely play Combat Rock, London Calling and the first album just now and again but often play the two studio live albums, Shea Stadium and From Here to Eternity cos just love the rawness of them live.

Class and will never tire of listening to them. First time I saw them, June 1980 at the City Hall, still my favourite gig ever, just mind-blowing. London Calling had come out about 6 months earlier and there was a mix of that plus the earlier stuff , Mikey Dread came on for Rockers Galore and the whole thing was totally mesmerising. There was no internet or owt back then so you never knew what to expect, just blew everyone away. I've since found an audience recording of it and the playing was actually pretty rough but add the whole experience together and unbeatable. Saw them a few times after that and they were always good but never the heights of that first time.
Over the years the albums which were hammered by critics or fans are actually my favourites now, Give 'em Enough Rope and Sandinista. Very rarely play Combat Rock, London Calling and the first album just now and again but often play the two studio live albums, Shea Stadium and From Here to Eternity cos just love the rawness of them live.
June 1980 was at The Mayfair mate

Superb band..seen them a couple of times at the City Hall..1st 3 albums are superb but I feel they lost their way a bit after that..was a shame they split when they did but in hindsight they were bit of a spent force when it happened..was gutted when Joe died as i'd always hoped a reunion may have been on the cards..great band.

Back