The chore of going to the match

For the first time in 25 years of supporting Sunderland I was tempted to stay in and miss the game. Obviously I ended up going but everyone around me was saying the same thing. It’s absolutely horrific going to that shithole of a stadium now to see us huff and puff against lesser opposition. There’s no reason to go the match anymore because we are so bad.

These players are a complete joke and a disgrace to the shirt. Their lack of effort, fitness and professionalism is there for all to see. They don’t play as a team and more worryingly don’t want to play as a team. And the new manager seems incapable of addressing this.

For the first time in 25 years of supporting Sunderland I was tempted to stay in and miss the game. Obviously I ended up going but everyone around me was saying the same thing. It’s absolutely horrific going to that shithole of a stadium now to see us huff and puff against lesser opposition. There’s no reason to go the match anymore because we are so bad.

These players are a complete joke and a disgrace to the shirt. Their lack of effort, fitness and professionalism is there for all to see. They don’t play as a team and more worryingly don’t want to play as a team. And the new manager seems incapable of addressing this.

Tesco ?

Been there Mate a fair few times as well.
Even worse making a 120 mile round trip to every home game.
I can promise you it doesn’t last forever but it hurts like hell but the hardcore pull you through.

I agree with most of what you’ve posted, however you’re way off the mark calling it a shithole of a stadium.

Shithole stadium compared to where?

I've a season card but didn't bother today. Metros were off so that bit of hassle wasn't worth it to watch that shite. Still haven't decided on Burton either. Booked up for Donny away as the away days are still class, football aside of course. Even then the atmosphere at away games is piss poor in comparison to what it used to be aswell. Cannot be arsed to stand freezing my nads off in a soulless bowl with absolutely zero atmosphere. Home games are awful. Even when we've been shit in years gone by there was always a bit atmosphere, always a bit fight where the crowd would get at the opposition. None of that happens anymore. Honestly think we're so far into apathy that the club is pretty much dead.

I still get that buzz on a Friday evening before the match, then it soon disappears when kick off arrives. I’m actually not travelling up on Tuesday night and not that fussed that I’m missing it due to work.

The past 4 seasons have been absolute turgid dogsh!te
We had the Moyes moodhoover season, followed by the Grayson/ Coleman shambles. Last season started off promisingly but went to rats when we sold Maja and ended in ultimate failure. This season has just been more of the same as last season but with worse players. Summed up by our GK having to collect the ball from behind the goal a la Sunday League. Promotion looks a long way off and the selling of LBC looks a big mistake. Its a chore now to go

At least prior to that we had great escapes to look back on.

Suppose we have to remember that some clubs have had it worse than us

Back