the chinese are lying

And this is what I think is the key, the old red menace again. Not withstanding that China is a communist state in name only - it is a state control capitalist state now but the key to all of this is the current "reds under the bed" state of the world :-

Coronavirus crisis proves communism is still a grave threat to the entire world. If Beijing had just been honest, the pandemic could be preventable

Marion Smith is executive director of the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation in Washington, D.C

Last edited:
And this is what I think is the key, the old red menace again. Not withstanding that China is a communist state in name only - it is a state control capitalist state now but the key to all of this is the current "reds under the bed" state of the world :-

Coronavirus crisis proves communism is still a grave threat to the entire world. If Beijing had just been honest, the pandemic could be preventable

Marion Smith is executive director of the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation in Washington, D.C
Meh. It comes down to the CCP cannot be seen with egg on its face.

No matter what your angle is here we have to face up to the fact that the whole debacle has been handled terribly by every governing power from China, WHO & the UK as well as pretty much every other country where it's taken hold to disastrous levels. What needs to happen is a more honest and open approach to future catastrophes.

No matter what your angle is here we have to face up to the fact that the whole debacle has been handled terribly by every governing power from China, WHO & the UK as well as pretty much every other country where it's taken hold to disastrous levels. What needs to happen is a more honest and open approach to future catastrophes.

While wondering who to blame people might like to consider the 1918-1919 "Spanish" Flu pandemic that killed over 20 million people world wide. More fatalities in fact than the First World War itself.

It was called the "Spanish Flu" not because Spain had anything to do with the cultivation of the disease but because being a neutral country Spain was the first to make the World aware of what it was facing. The Western allies and Germany both knew what was happening in their field hospitals and army bases but for military reasons they refused to admit to anything until it was too late.

No one is absolutely sure where the Spanish flu started but it seems to have been among the Western allies in France. US Army bases in Texas have been considered as a source but my own money is on the 100,000 or so Chinese labourers who were transported to the Western Front after 1917 by the allies to move munitions and supplies and who probably brought it with them. In the carnage of the fighting its likely that the welfare and health of a few Chinese "coolies" would have been completely disregarded until things had got really out of hand.

As China contains a quarter of the world's population on the 3rd largest land mass (for a nation state) it is understandable that owing to its size it is well represented as being the source of a fair share of these types of killer diseases. But its certainly not the source of all of them as in recent years other areas of the world have for example produced things like Aids and Ebola.

Spanish flu circa a hundred years ago. Id like to think the world has advanced in all areas since then. China wants to be seen as a power but cant control the viruses springing from their lands. This will be on a similar scale to spanish flu when it rips through the developing countries. It was entirely avoidable and no diluting of info and squirming is gonna change that. The WHO and China are responsible for the fudge up its pretty clear. Why thats happened will come out later but theyve dropped a bollock on a historic level.

Spanish flu circa a hundred years ago. Id like to think the world has advanced in all areas since then. China wants to be seen as a power but cant control the viruses springing from their lands. This will be on a similar scale to spanish flu when it rips through the developing countries. It was entirely avoidable and no diluting of info and squirming is gonna change that. The WHO and China are responsible for the fudge up its pretty clear. Why thats happened will come out later but theyve dropped a bollock on a historic level.
European powers at their height either couldnt control viruses from their own populations, or could and unleashed them on Indigenous populations deliberately. Entire civilisations were wiped out or as good as. China has some ways to go before they reach that point.

While wondering who to blame people might like to consider the 1918-1919 "Spanish" Flu pandemic that killed over 20 million people world wide. More fatalities in fact than the First World War itself.

It was called the "Spanish Flu" not because Spain had anything to do with the cultivation of the disease but because being a neutral country Spain was the first to make the World aware of what it was facing. The Western allies and Germany both knew what was happening in their field hospitals and army bases but for military reasons they refused to admit to anything until it was too late.

No one is absolutely sure where the Spanish flu started but it seems to have been among the Western allies in France. US Army bases in Texas have been considered as a source but my own money is on the 100,000 or so Chinese labourers who were transported to the Western Front after 1917 by the allies to move munitions and supplies and who probably brought it with them. In the carnage of the fighting its likely that the welfare and health of a few Chinese "coolies" would have been completely disregarded until things had got really out of hand.

As China contains a quarter of the world's population on the 3rd largest land mass (for a nation state) it is understandable that owing to its size it is well represented as being the source of a fair share of these types of killer diseases. But its certainly not the source of all of them as in recent years other areas of the world have for example produced things like Aids and Ebola.
The Yanks certainly brought it home with them from Europe. It really took off a year later, once it came over to the Americas

Right. The Spanish didn't have "war" reporting, which restricted them from reporting the truth. Ergo, the world got wind of the truth from non governmental agencies. Like a free press. Like what you won't find in the PRC.

Last edited:

Can't call it the Spanish flu. It's racist.

The Yanks certainly brought it home with them from Europe. It really took off a year later, once it came over to the Americas

Right. The Spanish didn't have "war" reporting, which restricted them from reporting the truth. Ergo, the world got wind of the truth from non governmental agencies. Like a free press. Like what you won't find in the PRC.
On the contrary, there is a lot of evidence that it came from Kansas with draftees, and the transmission of infection in US boot camps spread it all over the Western front in 1917. But later on calling it Spanish flu diverted attention from the fact. Much like the Chinese are doing now. Trumpy is doing his bit, calling it 'the Chinese virus' to shift blame from his appalling handling of the situation.

I watched a youtube vid just yesterday which stated that Spanish flu originated in the southern states among poor pig farmers. I'll see if i can find it.
States a couple of outbrakes occured of a flu-like illness. One in British trenches, and one amongst Asian troops. But in this vid, they do not call it Spanish flu.
STates Spanish flu started in Kansas. From 2-30 and 3-min in this vid.

Last edited:
I watched a youtube vid just yesterday which stated that Spanish flu originated in the southern states among poor pig farmers. I'll see if i can find it.
States a couple of outbrakes occured of a flu-like illness. One in British trenches, and one amongst Asian troops. But in this vid, they do not call it Spanish flu.
Soooo... the flu that wiped out much of Europe, only to come back a year later in the USA actually started in the USA three years prior... but refused to catch on... for 3 years?

Quite a cunning plot!

God that's horrific. Really brings it home when you see the pictures rather than just stats. I suppose like a lot of things we'll never know the full story.

Soooo... the flu that wiped out much of Europe, only to come back a year later in the USA actually started in the USA three years prior... but refused to catch on... for 3 years?

Quite a cunning plot!

You really must try harder to see/hear what's actually in front of you rather than what you want to see/hear.

I’m pretty sure the first case of ‘spanish’ flu was in the USA - at an Army barracks if I remember right.
I think the name ‘Spanish’ stuck in part because then Spanish King was one of the first high-profile casualties.

In hindsight some countries have made mistakes, fortunately we have learned from them but we may also have made some mistakes that other countries will learn from.

Back