The Chase

gluepot

Striker
Poor woman scored 3 on the Chase, prize fund £1000

The Beast caught her with 1:48 to spare

Must be a record low.

Nearly as bad as 007 Darren Bent on Mastermind.

Can anyone think of a worse TV quizzing performance

was a woman from east herra on sale of the century in mid 1970s, went below zero in first half of show so got knocked out. Bearing in mind the standard of question , this was pretty impossible to do, she was a teacher too.

I'm sure there was an episode of University Challenge in Bamber Boozles's day where some Uni (Manchester I think) refused to answer the questions and got 0.
Anyone recall that?

(not to be confused with The Young Ones :lol: )

Apparently Reading Uni scored 0 points in 2017 dont remember that?(

Last edited:
I'm sure there was an episode of University Challenge in Bamber Boozles's day where some Uni (Manchester I think) refused to answer the questions and got 0.
Anyone recall that?

aye, they answered trotsky to every question i think and one of their supporters hoyed a chair at bamber gascoigne, they were barred for fair few years after that.

Anyone recall that?

It was a protest about only being able to field one team, while Oxford and Cambridge could have one from each college. So they answered every question with Marx, Lenin, Stalin or Che Guevara

aye, they answered trotsky to every question i think and one of their supporters hoyed a chair at bamber gascoigne, they were barred for fair few years after that.
It was a protest about only being able to field one team, while Oxford and Cambridge could have one from each college. So they answered every question with Marx, Lenin, Stalin or Che Guevara
You both must have good memories ... and you are almost validating each other's answers!👍
I'd like to think their nameplates were Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Trotsky. But I'm sure they weren't
And you @Snugster

Last edited:
Yeah as long as its not Pointless, Tipping Point or Tenable (not that I watch any of them:lol::lol:)

Agree there hasn't been a decent new quiz for ages.
Bradley’s other quiz, Cash Trapped, which he helped devise, got better the more you watched it. I wasn’t convinced for the first series, but the last one, last winter was ok.

Back