The Chase

The most annoying contestants are the following 2 types:

Takers of the low offer (particularly a minus).
What the hell are you doing on a quiz show if you have such little confidence in your ability, that you'd essentially pay the chaser (with money taken from the team pot) to let you get to the final chase?

The other one is people who say 'pass' to questions that have a very limited pool of possibilities. For instance, the other day there were a couple in quick succession - along the lines of 'which planet...which Scandinavian country...'
'Pass'....just f***ing name a planet! Name a Scandinavian country! 'Pass' gives you (almost) no possibility of being correct, what harm could it possibly have done had you just spewed forth 'Sweden', and 'Jupiter'?

Last edited:

What the hell are you doing on a quiz show if you have such little confidence in your ability, that you'd essentially pay the chaser (with money taken from the team pot) to let you get to the final chase?

The other one is people who say 'pass' to questions that have a very limited pool of possibilities. For instance, the other day there were a couple in quick succession - along the lines of 'which planet...which Scandinavian country...'
'Pass'....just f***ing name a planet! Name a Scandinavian country! 'Pass' gives you (almost) no possibility of being correct, what harm could it possibly have done had you just spewed forth 'Sweden', and 'Jupiter'?

It can make sense to take a minus if they get for instance £3k in the cash builder and the minus offer is say, a grand, and they’ve won a big pot previously. The ones who are up early doors and get a decent amount but take a lower office/minus are pathetic

Not that I’d do it personally in any circumstance, I’d probably go high!

It can make sense to take a minus if they get for instance £3k in the cash builder and the minus offer is say, a grand, and they’ve won a big pot previously. The ones who are up early doors and get a decent amount but take a lower office/minus are pathetic

Not that I’d do it personally in any circumstance, I’d probably go high!
I wonder what happens if a team ever got to the final chase playing for a minus figure? 😄. 'Here we go, you're playing for the privilege of paying the chaser £500'

A better guess would be Jupiter and Sweden I think

I think Edmonds went insane doing that show and started believing in loads of nonsense :lol:

He was always on the cusp of being mental but Deal or No Deal was a turning point I reckon. In reality the game could have been over in ten mins, before each round he could have just asked for three numbers and given the offer.

It was always funny when someone had been on it for months waiting their turn and they get 1p prize money.

That annoys me as well. Just say anything you might get lucky and it's worth a grand.

I thought the new version of the chase was very good. Where the contestants could choose how many chasers they took on. I'd happily see that replace the regular chase.

I think Edmonds went insane doing that show and started believing in loads of nonsense :lol:
Rremember his sequel quiz show, it was beyond diabolical. Can't remember what it was called. He was a shopkeeper and it was guessing how much stuff was worth. Didnt last long ( there's a surprise )

One the Family Chase a few weeks back somebody passed on "which gender is a drone bee"

Back