The Chase contestants

Does anyone watch that new quiz 'Winning Combinations' ?

The host does my head in but some of the answers have made me laugh

Question - Name the Jazz Trumpeter with the first name 'Dizzy'
Answer - Rascal

My mates ma is the record holder for a most points scored for a solo finalist who lost, summit like 25 and got caught.

I think that's a possibly a bit high. That means 4.8 seconds per question and answer, assuming none of her answers were incorrect. For the chaser to beat that they'd have to do 4.6 seconds per question and answer, assuming no wrong answers.
If the chaser got just one wrong and no pushback that means the chaser would be doing 4.44 seconds per question.

I think that's a possibly a bit high. That means 4.8 seconds per question and answer, assuming none of her answers were incorrect. For the chaser to beat that they'd have to do 4.6 seconds per question and answer, assuming no wrong answers.
If the chaser got just one wrong and no pushback that means the chaser would be doing 4.44 seconds per question.
Only skimmed it but the highest single play chase I see here is 23

You notice on the final round that if the contestants have a very beatable score the Chaser adds a bit of drama by answering slowly, lets the clock run down to single figures.

You notice on the final round that if the contestants have a very beatable score the Chaser adds a bit of drama by answering slowly, lets the clock run down to single figures.

I always thought he was taking his time to make sure that he gives the right answers and doesn’t give away any push backs.

Anne Hegarty has beaten a target of 26 before. Some going but it's do-able

Back