The Charltons Pub

Used to go in now and then years ago..about 8 of us went in one Friday night..the place went silent..i could here them whispering ‘they’re coppers’..there was suitcases by the tables along the window which I assumed contained their ill gotten gains.
Drove past it once and a bloke was booted out the door into the street. Haven’t felt the urge to go in

thanks marra. just wanted to set it straight that potential customers have no reason to feel any danger if they want to give the place a try. There is a strong chance that they will be disappointed, but that’s a different thing altogether.

Absolutely..we regularly drank down the East End late 80’s to mid 90’s and I never felt on edge or threatened ever..the Charltons like you say isn’t a place known as edgy or a trouble hotspot.

Absolutely..we regularly drank down the East End late 80’s to mid 90’s and I never felt on edge or threatened ever..the Charltons like you say isn’t a place known as edgy or a trouble hotspot.

whats left on that run now, including Hendon?

grange, blue house, charltons, regale, boars, cheers?

thanks marra. just wanted to set it straight that potential customers have no reason to feel any danger if they want to give the place a try. There is a strong chance that they will be disappointed, but that’s a different thing altogether.
There are alot of people who are terrified of "rough" pubs. I've never had any bother in a Sunderland pub before even though I'm soft a shite and a bit of a bellend.

whats left on that run now, including Hendon?

grange, blue house, charltons, regale, boars, cheers?

We used to go..Boars Head..Clarendon..Cheers..White Lion..Standard..Eastender..Corner House..sometimes up the bank to the Stork..Charltons..Strokes..couldn’t tell you what’s left of that lot.

Last edited:
Not sure what the are doing with the pub side of things, but it's been getting done out for what must be close to a year now and still looks no nearer being ready to open.

Not sure what the are doing with the pub side of things, but it's been getting done out for what must be close to a year now and still looks no nearer being ready to open.

No point in rushing it when there’s no chance of them opening any time soon. Then again, you’d think they’d get a mo be on now, but I suppose it explains the inactivity over the past year.

Back