The Championship becoming Premiership 2

Sam Handwich

Striker
What effect would this have on us. Would it be possible that there will never be anyone promoted from the 3rd tier again. Or would the gap between Prem 2 and tier 3 become so large that promotion then sustainability would be even worse than it is now.
What's the likelyhood of it happening and if it does then, when. season 20/21 or 21/22 or is it years away.
It would break Sunderland AFC if the third tier became part-time/amateur.
Is it too early for a drink🥵

Nivver happen. The big boys will nivver have a share out and the tv companies only want to show the big 6. No chance they’ll be up for Derby v Boro etc on a regular basis.

I’m amazed how many people in the media who still refer to it as The Premiership 🙄
Wait till I tell you what people call the top tier of Baseball in the USA.

For me, an 18 team Prem 1 and a 20 team Prem 2 makes a ton of sense to me. I posted about this tons of times. It would really improve the quality of the game imo.

It will happen. Looks what is happening now with restarting games, Championship is aligning itself with the Premier League. EFL are allowing it to happen while letting the rest of the football pyramid to disintegrate.

Don’t think that would happen but if there is no leagues 1 & 2 next season due to costs, I could see those clubs who could put games on being promoted to an extended championship

It will never happen. If they want to break away, they will also either break away from EPL or have EPL break away as well. Lawsuit out of this world incoming.
If they want to make the top two tiers franchises, they would be in for a uncharted waters.

I can see it happening as a result of this current crisis , it will be survival of the fittest. I can't see the Premier league helping out the football pyramid , which they could and should do. SAFC will be ok , too bigger club you will get an invite to the table. Charlton would be 50/50 , the big London clubs want to get bigger. All the clubs only really care about their own interests. Money talks and that is the only reason they are trying to get this season finished.

Thats what they should do now, top best twenty supported teams to make up the Premier and make it a closed shop with no relegations and f**k the rest.
Is that being a tadge selfish?😉
Yes just a bit. You would soon get bored , Iv'e got some great memories of relegation battles. Where we stayed up obviously :)

Run like Amateurs now by Amateurs ffs

What effect would this have on us. Would it be possible that there will never be anyone promoted from the 3rd tier again. Or would the gap between Prem 2 and tier 3 become so large that promotion then sustainability would be even worse than it is now.
What's the likelyhood of it happening and if it does then, when. season 20/21 or 21/22 or is it years away.
It would break Sunderland AFC if the third tier became part-time/amateur.
Is it too early for a drink🥵

Back