The Category Is...

It won't be to a lot the SMB's taste and has a certain amount of schlocky sentimentality to it (it's American) but Pose is one of the most enjoyable things on TV currently. Cracking soundtrack as well... (plus James van der Beek giving it the knowing eyebrows).

What channel? Vandy beak was good in the bitch from apartment 23

BBC2 (Thursday 9pm) and all on iPlayer. It's about the gay/transgender African-American and Latino ball (as in big posh event) culture of New York in the late 80s. He plays a straight white man.

He was very good in Don't Trust the Bitch... I was disappointed that that got cancelled but a) Krysten Ritter went on to bigger/better things and b) Krysten Ritter's 5 year relationship with Adam Granduciel from The War on Drugs gives hope to all of us shambling middle aged a bit overweighties.

BBC2 (Thursday 9pm) and all on iPlayer. It's about the gay/transgender African-American and Latino ball (as in big posh event) culture of New York in the late 80s. He plays a straight white man.

He was very good in Don't Trust the Bitch... I was disappointed that that got cancelled but a) Krysten Ritter went on to bigger/better things and b) Krysten Ritter's 5 year relationship with Adam Granduciel from The War on Drugs gives hope to all of us shambling middle aged a bit overweighties.
Cheers I'll check it out.
Have you seen mr kims convenience? Hilarious imo

Excellent tv. Me and the missus watched the full series last week.

We did try to work out who was transgender and who wasn’t though.

Fair dos... as I said, it's not to everyone's taste. Few TV shows are...
They’ve commissioned a second season.

Thought the story line between angel, Stan and his missus was a kind of add on that they rushed to finish at the end.

Pray tell the best character in the show

They’ve commissioned a second season.

Thought the story line between angel, Stan and his missus was a kind of add on that they rushed to finish at the end.

Pray tell the best character in the show

Yeah, the Stan bit seems a bit tacked on. Pray Tell is great as is Lil Papi.

"the category is" reminded me of Henry Kelly in Going For Gold. "2, 3 or 4 points"

Worst quiz show ever.

I always hoped that when he asked "What am I?" someone would buzz in and say "A twat!".

Yeah, seemed well made and all that. The whole "House of Whatever" and dance off shit for trophies was just weird to me.

Not saying it's shit, just not my cup of tea.

The dance off stuff is basically the background to the show. Ultimately, it's a vehicle to get most of the main characters in one place.

Ultimately, there are TV shows and films that people love that others don't get. I still maintain that Highlander is a cinematic atrocity.

Back