The Bridges Sunderland city centre

No they've just moved into a new massive store in the Metro.

Newcastle was only a really small store. Probably why it didn't last.

Ages since I’ve been to metro and only noticed that Mango had took over their unit or at least I thought they had. No idea that they had moved.

Yeah Newcastle was a small store but suspect they felt that they didn’t need one in both Newcastle and metro centre so got rid of Newcastle.

Ages since I’ve been to metro and only noticed that Mango had took over their unit or at least I thought they had. No idea that they had moved.

Yeah Newcastle was a small store but suspect they felt that they didn’t need one in both Newcastle and metro centre so got rid of Newcastle.
Yeah I thought that but they have one in York and Leeds so I doubt that's the reasoning

Developed into what
A new supermarket is needed
Amazed Sainsbury haven’t opened somewhere
They have 3 locals in Newcastle city centre

Unsure but that whole area is just left currently , potentially would tk max be better in the Bridges and a supermarket takes the other unit.

Mainly so not restricted by 6pm closing ?

Unsure but that whole area is just left currently , potentially would tk max be better in the Bridges and a supermarket takes the other unit.

Mainly so not restricted by 6pm closing ?
My thoughts too
Knock it all down and rebuild arrowsmiths Johnson’s fag shop books fashion court sports and green terrace school
There was a nice but dilapidated row if terraced houses up there too

Not sure who’s going in the old Tesco site but as people have said with all these new builds that’ll be going up in the town another supermarket is required.
Seems bizzare that actively encouraging people to live in town centre ( never mind existing residents in the flats) and the general anti car sentiment ( not so sure with Sunderland mind apart from high charges) you would need a car to travel to visit a supermarket

Hopefully its a new Job Lot or Wizard. If none of those, bring back something like Bronx shoes or Pebbles. Could do with a good shoe/clothes shop. Seems as though everyone in Sunderland has the same generic Moncler and Canada Goose jackets even if they are on the dole.

Back