The Bridge 4

I'm struggling with remembering what's what and don't feel properly into it. I think getting used to watching scandi drama two hours at a time for years then going to one episode a week has had a huge effect. Or I'm getting old... :)

Frank's 'daughter'. The fact you can't remember has to mean I'm wrong! :neutral::lol:
There's too many characters imo. Some of them almost irrelevant. It lacks the focus of previous series, which were world class tv imo. Its hard to keep track of whats what this time round.

who the fucks frank? is he the one who invites the mam & son from the abusive taxi driver out to the commune?

don't read anything into my drivel btw... i know where it ends up, its just the names mean fcuk all to me now... this goes back to my original argument about binge watching something in one night is not a good way to watch telly.
I'm the same, I much prefer bingeing but I remember very little

I'm struggling with remembering what's what and don't feel properly into it. I think getting used to watching scandi drama two hours at a time for years then going to one episode a week has had a huge effect. Or I'm getting old... :)
That answers my next question, has the change in broadcast format made much difference?

I'm the same, I much prefer bingeing but I remember very little
I’m watching westworld week by week, which is a proper head fcuk of a storyline to follow and finding it more enjoyable this way - over a Netflix box set.

Character names, other than the lead protagonists tend to blur away very quickly.

There's too many characters imo. Some of them almost irrelevant. It lacks the focus of previous series, which were world class tv imo. Its hard to keep track of whats what this time round.
My memory was that it did get quite scattered in the middle segment, and the rabbit holes are probably more pronounced than in previous incarnations but that may be because everyone is looking for conclusions - the means to the end is worth it though.

Last edited:
I fear the worst for Saga, she’s come a long way developing as a human. With Martin she developed empathy, of a fashion, and now she’s completely opened up to henrik and given him a child (of a fashion). She’s even started to go outside of procedure in her police actions if she “feels” it’s the right thing to do.
I think it’s a case of her becoming a fully rounded person just in time for something bad to happen.

Nah. I don't think Saga will die. Too obvious imho. And having guessed that Astrid was Henrik's daughter I've got no idea how the wife with the keyring is involved.

I definitely have struggled this series and it has to be down to one episode instead of two. I hope the Bbc thinks the change was worth it - because I don't!!

The chinese lass that works for husband of the lass that was stoned at the beginning of the series
What he said! I've got no idea of names at all this series. If wheelchair boy isn't involved in some way I'm going to be very disappointed.

I wouldn't agree that the standard has gone down this series. I like the addition of Jonas, even if he's a wrong un, there have been some classic Saga-isms and I'm a huge fan of Lillian's earrings. Just not happy about the one episode business...which I may have mentioned... :lol:

What he said! I've got no idea of names at all this series. If wheelchair boy isn't involved in some way I'm going to be very disappointed.

I wouldn't agree that the standard has gone down this series. I like the addition of Jonas, even if he's a wrong un, there have been some classic Saga-isms and I'm a huge fan of Lillian's earrings. Just not happy about the one episode business...which I may have mentioned... :lol:
I think I'm in love with Saga! When Henrik told her she couldn't love anyone and was basically a shithouse to her, I wanted to tell him 'how man, leave her alone!'

I think I'm in love with Saga! When Henrik told her she couldn't love anyone and was basically a shithouse to her, I wanted to tell him 'how man, leave her alone!'
She definitely seems more vulnerable in this series, which is an interesting development as the character is changing.

Its like a different program altogether. The previous series had real focus and didn't use too many characters. They were based around the relationship between the two lead detectives, their back story and the whodunnit.

This is a sprawling mess so far.

Its like a different program altogether. The previous series had real focus and didn't use too many characters. They were based around the relationship between the two lead detectives, their back story and the whodunnit.

This is a sprawling mess so far.
I tend to agree but think the impact on me was less as I binged so everything was fresh in the mind as I watched. Remember little of it now mind but one episode a week doesn't do it for me

I tend to agree but think the impact on me was less as I binged so everything was fresh in the mind as I watched. Remember little of it now mind but one episode a week doesn't do it for me

This is true.

Saying that, I quite enjoyed the penultimate episode after that rant the other day.

Back